Laying the Groundwork
A solid learning plan places a priority on the academic learning outcomes determined by the destination(s). The plan should address the goals of providing
- meaningful academic content,
- opportunities for personal growth, and
- improved cultural awareness.
Program Development Grant
Familiarity with the program destination is essential. Matching grants are available through DELO to support faculty professional development. A site visit rubric improves your assessment to make sure you use your time effectively. Faculty leaders use the post-site visit report to develop the program.
Step 1 — Start by reviewing the Study Away Administrative Manual so you have an idea of how this all works.
Step 2— Complete the Program Development Grant Request.
- Application - Word version
- Budget Worksheet - XL
- WKU Travel Authorization - WKU's eForm system
- Program Leader Information - PDF form
Step 3 - Meet with Study Away Director to review your site visit plan.