Propose a New Study Away Program
WKU credit programs with off-campus travel led by or with approval of WKU faculty or other appropriate WKU representative.
Step 1 — Start by reviewing these documents so you have an idea of how this all works.
- Study Away Program Leader Guidelines (updated December 2011)
- Study Away Program Development Flowchart
- Compensation Statement (revised October 9, 2012)
The Study Away Office has a limited supply of funds for Program Leader Travel Grants
to help you complete a site assessment.
Contact Us to get started.
Step 2— Complete the program proposal and travel forms.
Step 3 – After the initial approval, work with the Study Away office on bringing it all to life. The Study Away Office will create the budget based upon the information you provide.
- Study Away Post Approval Steps
- Study Away Program Leader Agreement - PDF form - signed after budget agreement
- WKU Travel Authorization- Log in and complete the online form. It should be routed to Dept head. Study Away will provide the figures to use for the form.
Step 4 — Once the budget is set, it is time to recruit and prepare for your departure date.