Proposal Approval Process
Program proposals for 2013-2014 academic year are closed.
Proposal Deadline Schedule for 2014-2015 academic year.
April 1, 2014
Program proposals due for Fall 2014 or Winter 2015
October 1, 2014
Program proposals for Spring or Summer 2015.
*** Remember, program leader signatures along with department head and dean are required on all proposals.
WKU credit programs with off-campus travel led by or with approval of WKU faculty or other appropriate WKU representative.
Step 1 — Start by reviewing these documents so you have an idea of how this all works.
- Study Away Program Leader Guidelines (updated December 2011)
- Study Away Program Development Flowchart
- Compensation Statement (revised December 6, 2013)
The Study Away Office has a limited supply of funds for Program Leader Travel Grants
to help you complete a site assessment.
Contact Us to get started.
Step 2— Complete the program proposal and travel forms.
- Study Away Program Proposal Instructions
- Study Away Program Proposal Application - PDF form (update Dec 2013)
- Study Away Program Proposal Application - Word (update Dec 2013)
Step 3 – After the initial approval, work with the Study Away office on bringing it all to life. The Study Away Office will create the budget based upon the information you provide.
- Study Away Post Approval Steps
- Study Away Program Leader Agreement - PDF form - signed after budget agreement
- WKU Travel Authorization- Log in and complete the online form. It should be routed to Dept head. Study Away will provide the figures to use for the form.
Step 4 — Once the budget is set, it is time to recruit and prepare for your departure date.