Physics in Motion
Experience the excitement of physics in motion with this hands on program.
About the Program
This program combines the traditional in class learning experience with a new and exciting hands on experience. Students will learn all the core elements of a beginning physics class while on campus. After being introduced to physics and concept of motion, the program will journey together to a celebrated amusement part. There, students will see and study physics in motion first hand in the study of roller coasters. The final project will require students to design and create the own miniature roller coasters, using their new knowledge of physics.
The Program Leaders may determine other eligibility requirements, but at a minimum, all applicants need to meet these requirements:
- Permission of instructor(s) is required
- Current WKU student eligible to register for WKU courses may apply. Students from outside WKU may participate as visiting students
- Students must be 18 years of age or older at time of departure (parent/guardian permission for anyone under 18 at time of departure)
- Students must be free of active disciplinary sanctions as verified by Judicial Affairs
- Graduate student in good standing (Graduate Catalog p.30) with express permission of faculty leader
- Students must complete all pre-departure orientations
- Full payment prior to departure is required.
Included in Base Package
- Undergraduate or Dual Credit tuition for 3 credit hours ($1,090 value)
- All hotel accommodations in Atlanta
- Daily breakfast and some lunches in Atlanta
- Airport transfer to and from Hotel in Atlanta
- Course-related ground transportation Atlanta
- Round-trip flight between Nashville and Atlanta
Excluded from Base Package
- Transportation between your departure airport and your home
- Independent travel (non-program travel)
- Personal expenses such as laundry, phone service, and Internet access
- Tips for guides and drivers not included in program-related activity
- Travel cancellation/interruption insurance (Recommended)
- Baggage fees and costs associated with flight changes
- Meals & Services and beverages not mentioned in the program
Final program fee subject to change due to travel arrangements.
Planned Schedule - (TBA)
- PHYS 101
- PHYS 180
- Edward Kintzel
- Six Flags over Georgia, Atlanta
- Summer 2014
- Syllabus (coming soon!)
Western Kentucky University and its associates are not responsible for any loss due to theft, personal injury, flight or weather delays, negligence, or default of suppliers, or suppliers changing of itineraries. They and their associates are not responsible for any loss due to travel/flight delays or changes in travel plans due to Acts of Nature or other unforeseen circumstances, nor are we responsible for accidents and medical care. Tour services are furnished by independent contractors who are not agents or servants of Western Kentucky University. Refunds are not available for unused portions of the package.