Western Kentucky University

Study Away

No passport required

mammoth cave

Medical & Health Insurance

Currently, participating in a Study Away or an American Traveler program does not require a specific medical/health insurance. However, to participate, you must provide proof of medical/health insurance by submitting a copy of your insurance card to the Study Away Office when requested.


KYNECT offers insurance options for you.


Link to KYNECT


WKU Health Services

The coverage is broken down into annual, semester or summer.


Online options

An on-line search option for all types of travel-related medical and accident insurance



Again, we are not endorsing a specific insurance, but we do require that you provide proof of coverage for the duration of your Study Away program.

 Last Modified 1/14/14