WKU Financial Aid
Students who plan to participate in a Study AWAY program are individually responsible for the program costs; however, the WKU Office of Student Financial Assistance can help if you are eligible and applications are submitted on time. You may be eligible for Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Stafford Loan or Pell Grant to offset the costs of participation.
In order for the Financial Assistance office to determine your eligibility for aid, you must complete the following:
- Submit a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Prepare, print and submit a budget calculation
- Prepare and submit a Financial Aid worksheet
The Study Away Program Director will review, fill in the program costs, sign and send this form to the Financial Assistance office, where your eligibility will be assessed based upon the program costs. You will be notified directly by WKU Financial Assistance on your loan/grant options.
You should begin to arrange financing of your program well in advance. Stafford Loans take between four and six weeks to process; however, the overall application process can take ten to twelve weeks to complete. Therefore, you should complete the appropriate applications as far in advance as possible to ensure that the loan money will be available when needed.
See the Student Financial Assistance for more information:
Other loan options are found here.
If you have additional questions regarding financial aid, please contact: Student Financial Assistance or call 270-745-2755
NOTE: Some users have not been able to use the Email function in the PDF application. If you have trouble, you have a few options:
- Use the Send, select Internet Email. This will save a local version. Go to your Email and mail to email@example.com as an attachment.
- Print your application and your essay and bring to the Study Away Office. We are located in the Knicely Conference Center at South Campus. Please come in Knicely Center entrance and go right. Ask for Study Away.
Note: Study Away will enter the tuition and program costs and send your worksheet to Student Financial Assistance
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,