- Teacher Admissions
- Field Experience
- Student Teaching
- Teacher Certification
- Minority Recruitment And Retention Center
- Alternative Route To Teacher Certification Program
- TEACH Grant
- International Cross-Cultural Initiatives
- School of Teacher Education
- University Supervisors
Instructions For Applying For Admission To Student Teaching
Be sure you have met all prerequisites.
- Applications will be accepted for the Fall semester from the last week in January through February 15. Springsemester applications will be accepted from the last week in August through September 15.
- If you have an interest in completing a portion of your student teaching internationally, please initial the box that indicates your desire. You will be invited (via email) to an informational meeting after s.t. applications have been processed.
- Clearly indicate your assignment request. You are required to list three (3) school districts of preference. Independent systems should be listed with the county district as one choice with the preferred placement first; i.e. Bowling Green Ind./Warren County or Warren/Bowling Green.
- List any specific schools where you cannot student teach. You cannot student teach in the high school from which you graduated (less than 10 yrs.) nor a school at any level with which you have been employed or have close family or social ties. (This includes schools where you have served as a substitute teacher.)
- Applications will be processed in the order that they are returned.
- Your assignment constitutes an obligation on your part and your plans should provide for meeting this assignment. Changes in assignments should never be requested except in cases of the most extenuating circumstances, as they reflect negatively upon the university and you. Please notify the Student Teaching Office ASAP if you will be unable to fulfill this obligation.
- Student teachers will be notified of their assignment by mail as soon as the majority of placements are confirmed.
- You must file the results of a current (less than one year during the student teaching term) physical examination and TB assessment with the Student Teaching Office. State law requires that we have these forms on file before you report to your student teaching assignment. Once you have received your assignment, it is your responsibility to report to the school district to do a ten finger criminal record check. The fee for the criminal record check must be paid by money order or cashier's check. (No personal checks) Please call the school district office for further details and to set up an appointment.
- You must complete an online course, Promoting Positive Behavior in Schools, and submit certificate to the Student Teaching Office
- You must register for student teaching just as you would for any other course. Completion of an application does not constitute registration.
- You are required to attend an orientation session for student teachers prior to reporting to student teaching.
CERTAIN COURSEWORK MAY NOT BE TAKEN DURING STUDENT TEACHING without written permission from the Director of Teacher Services & School Relations. If you are planning to take a course during student teaching, you must email the Student Teaching Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, to ensure that it does not conflict with state or university regulations
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,