- Teacher Admissions
- Field Experience
- Student Teaching
- Teacher Certification
- Minority Recruitment And Retention Center
- Alternative Route To Teacher Certification Program
- Future Educators Association
- TEACH Grant
- International Cross-Cultural Initiatives
- School of Teacher Education
- University Supervisors
Visit the CEBS International/Cross-Cultural Initiatives website to read experiences students have had while doing student teaching abroad.
Student teaching is an opportunity for pre-service teachers to practice with supervision what they have learned about teaching. The Student Teaching Staff is responsible for verifying that students are qualified to student teach, for making their placements in area schools, for choosing appropriate personnel to supervise the student teachers, and for maintaining accurate records.
We encourage those who plan to student teach to visit us no later than early in the semester prior to student teaching. Each student teacher will be notified by mail as to his/her placement. If there are questions, please feel free to contact us at 270-745-4896.
FALL 2014 STUDENT TEACHING APPLICATIONSWILL BE AVAILABLE FROM JANUARY 29, 2014 UNTIL FEBRUARY 14, 2014. Applications for the FALL 2014 semester must be returned to the Student Teaching Office, Gary Ransdell Hall 2052, BEFORE FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2014, 4:30 p.m. CST
Applications for FALL 2014 will not be available on line AFTER FEBRUARY 14, 2014
See: Student Teaching Applications
- Early Field Experiences
- Applying to Student Teaching
- CEBS International/Cross-Cultural Initiatives (International Student Teaching)
- Requirements For Admission To Student Teaching
- Instructions For Applying For Admission To Student Teaching
- Map of Western Kentucky Service Region
- Student Forms & Applications (WKU Office of Study Abroad & Global Learning)
- Student Teaching Handbook
- Student Teaching Evaluation (for supervisor use only)
- Teacher Work Sample
- TWS Revised Scoring Form (Bubble Sheet) (Spring 2011 and after)
- Teacher Work Sample Revised Prompt and Rubric (old version: Fall 2010)
- Teacher Work Sample Data Collection Information
- Videos *:
- Visiting Student Teacher Requesting University Requirements
* (Videos) : If your browser (Firefox, Google Chrome) requires a plugin to play these videos and you do not have this plugin and do not wish to install it, you can try seeing the video in Internet Explorer which may already have this plugin installed.