Services & Programs
- Teacher Admissions
- Field Experience
- Student Teaching
- Teacher Certification
- Minority Recruitment And Retention Center
- Alternative Route To Teacher Certification Program
- TEACH Grant
- International Cross-Cultural Initiatives
- School of Teacher Education
- University Supervisors
- Praxis Information
Teacher Services Search:
Press Enter to Search
FALL 2016 STUDENT TEACHING APPLICATIONS
ARE AVAILABLE ON THE STUDENT TEACHING WEB PAGE
Applications for the FALL 2016 semester will be accepted the Student Teaching Office: Gary Ransdell Hall 2050,
BEGINNING JANUARY 25, 2016 UNTIL FEBRUARY 15, 2016
Applications for for FALL 2016 will not be accepted before January 25th or after February 15th.
Visit the CEBS International/Cross-Cultural Initiatives website to read experiences students have had while doing student teaching abroad.
Student teaching is an opportunity for pre-service teachers to practice with supervision what they have learned about teaching. The Student Teaching Staff is responsible for verifying that students are qualified to student teach, for making their placements in area schools, for choosing appropriate personnel to supervise the student teachers, and for maintaining accurate records.
We encourage those who plan to student teach to visit us no later than early in the semester prior to student teaching. Student teachers will be able to access their assignment(S) as soon as their placement is made. All placements are subject to change. If there are questions, please contact Cindy White at email@example.com or 270-745-4896.
International Student Teaching Forms & Applications (WKU Office of Study Abroad & Global Learning)
Teacher Work Sample
- TWS Revised Scoring Form (Bubble Sheet) (Spring 2011 and after)
- Teacher Work Sample Revised Prompt and Rubric (old version: Fall 2010)
- Teacher Work Sample Data Collection Information
Links for Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) or Graduate Initial Certification
- Admission to Internship Instruction Packet
- Internship Application
- LME 592 Internship Application Packet
- SPED 590 Internship Application Packet
Links for Cooperating Teachers
Links for University Supervisors
- Student Teaching Evaluation (for supervisor use only)
News and Announcements
- German teacher receives WKU honor [Video: View from the Hill | Pictures] (3/3/2014)
- Student Teacher's experiences in South Korea (Youtube; WKU News)
For more information on Student Teaching, contact: Ms. Cindy White
* (Videos) : If your browser (Firefox, Google Chrome) requires a plugin to play these videos and you do not have this plugin and do not wish to install it, you can try seeing the video in Internet Explorer which may already have this plugin installed.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,