New Faculty Information Page:
Welcome!! We're so glad you are here. To help you become oriented we have a list of links below with information most likely to be needed by new faculty (and a bookmark file you can download).
We hope you will call on us (270-745-6508) if you need something. We can at least point you in the right direction.
The Center is open during regular university hours: from 8:00am to 4:30pm (summer: 7:30am to 3:00pm).
Take advantage of our high quality, self-paced, online tutorials that will deepen
your understanding of teaching. Sign up for Teaching@WKU.
Read These First:
- View "Peer to Peer" , a short video in which new faculty talk about life at WKU
- Quotes from faculty at the end of their first year or first semester.
- Join our Mentoring Program
- New Faculty Survival Information about the Campus and Community (from Email to local
Campus web sites that will be helpful:
- Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching (help for class preparation and more!)
- Introduction to the WKU Libraries (A wealth of information for your research)
- Faculty Handbook
- Academic Affairs Policies
- Office of Sponsored Programs (Aids for grant writing)
- Human Resources (Information about your benefits as an employee)
- WKU Home Page
Area places of interest:
- A List of Kentucky Institutions of Higher Education
- Bowling Green Information
- Mammoth Cave Information
- Louisville, KY, information (a two hour drive north on I-65)
- Home of the Kentucky Derby, Churchill Downs
- Nashville, TN, information (a one hour drive south on I-65)
The Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Phone (270) 745-6508 -- Fax (270) 745-6145.
Location: 1783 Chestnut Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101.
Mailing Address: 1906 College Heights Blvd #11095, Bowling Green, KY 42101-1095.
Page created date: c2000; Last modified: August 21, 2012.
Site created: July 1996. All contents © since 1996.
This page is in compliance with Section 508 and W3C Priority-I guidelines.
If you find it to be inaccessible, please contact the Webmaster with the URL.