Tools for Teaching Online
This website will provide various tools to help Western Kentucky University faculty as they teach on the Internet.
FaCET Provided Tools
Our Copyright: copies of materials at websites begining with this URL, http://www.wku.edu/teaching/online/, may be made for teaching and research purposes free of charge without securing permission, as allowed by United States Copyright Law, provided copies are not resold. For all other purposes, permission must be obtained from the website manager or the particular creator.
- General WKU Helps. This document includes resources at WKU that are useful for students in online courses. Posting it to your course fulfills a number of the Quality Matter review standards. It is periodically updated (the date of update is at the bottom). Note that one item, the Inventory of College Level Study Skills, is not part of the Quality Matters standards and may be deleted
- Storyboarding an Online Course
- Should I learn this technology tool? A decision tree to help you decide how to allocate your time.
- Images to indicate material that is Required vs Suggested. How do you 'get a copy'? Right click on the image, select Save Image As... and save it to your harddrive in a place you can find it.
- Why Use Blogs and Wikis in Blackboard? A Powerpoint presentation for the January 21, 2009, seminar on the nature of blogs/wikis, how they compare to other BB tools, and some educational uses for them.
- Course Banners
Links from Technology Notes for Teachers on the Digital Discourse Listserv
- Emmons, C. (2006, June). The Online Professor Takes a Course. From Now On: The Educational Technology Journal. Vol 15(5). Available online:
Synopsis: Person who has taught online takes course online and describes some of the gaps between teaching theory and student experience.
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators: Assessment Rubrics (at Discovery.com) http://school.discovery.com/schrockguide/assess.html
The Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Phone (270) 745-6508 -- Fax (270) 745-6145.
Location: 1783 Chestnut Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101.
Mailing Address: 1906 College Heights Blvd #11095, Bowling Green, KY 42101-1095.
Page created date: c2000; Last modified: March 13, 2013.
Site created: July 1996. All contents © since 1996.
This page is in compliance with Section 508 and W3C Priority-I guidelines.
If you find it to be inaccessible, please contact the Webmaster with the URL.