Links to Videos on Teaching
Culturally Diverse Learners series from Thompson Rivers University.
“These filmed scenarios and supporting resources aim to address the needs of educators and students to enhance intercultural competencies by providing a spring board for dialogue and reflection on best practices for intercultural learning environments.“ You will find videos on: The Wave (how to handle students asking questions after class instead of during class); Office Hours (giving feedback to international students and understanding their cultural experience of feedback); Plagiarism; and Team Work. They are about 10 minutes each. You will find additional resources linked at the site. Authors: Kyra Garson, Penny Heaslip, Emma Bourassa, Wesley Eccleston.
- Click on http://solr.bccampus.ca/wp/
- Click guest access (upper left)
- In the search box enter “Culturally Diverse Learners” (upper left box) and search for it.
- Click on the title “Culturally Diverse Learners”
- Click on the image of the one you want to see. They can take a very long time to load so do something else for 10 minutes. You may need as much as 50% of it loaded before it will work. Then when it is loaded, click on the play button.
The Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Phone (270) 745-6508 -- Fax (270) 745-6145.
Location: 1783 Chestnut Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101.
Mailing Address: 1906 College Heights Blvd #11095, Bowling Green, KY 42101-1095.
Page created date: October 21, 2011; Last modified: October 21, 2011.
Site created: July 1996. All contents © since 1996.
This page is in compliance with Section 508 and W3C Priority-I guidelines.
If you find it to be inaccessible, please contact the Webmaster with the URL.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,