About the DL Testing Center
Purpose of Testing Center
The purpose of the DL Testing Center is to provide testing services to students taking Distance Learning and Independent Learning courses through Western Kentucky University and other higher education institutions. Other testing services are provided on a case by case basis depending on room availability.
The purpose of the SCTC is to provide makeup exam testing for South Campus students, along with any testing service already administered by the DL Testing Center.
Our mission is to support WKU’s institutional mission of preparing students to be productive, engaged leaders in a global society while subscribing to the National College Testing Association’s Professional Standards and Guidelines. To achieve this goal, the DL Testing Center and South Campus Testing Center seek to:
- facilitate computer and paper-based testing for Western Kentucky University students and students from other higher education institutions who offer a distance learning curriculum;
- provide a facility that promotes a positive testing experience for examinees through a clean, comfortable, quiet, and user-friendly environment;
- recruit and retain an astute group of support staff and student proctors for active monitoring of examinees; provide excellent customer service by being knowledgeable, respectful, responsible, accountable, informative, accurate and supportive;
- extend assistance to various campus offices in helping students meet their testing needs; and
- collaborate with our faculty and staff, other higher education institutes, and the National College Testing Association (NCTA) to stay up to date on the most recent changes in testing and change our procedures accordingly.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,