- About WKU T&D
- Faculty & Staff
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Departmental Forms
- Our Shows
- School Group Performances
- Guest Artists
- Theatre in Diversion
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Potter College Creative Arts Scholarship
Time: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Location: GWH - Dance Studio & Room #307
The audition process will consist of a dance audition, followed by the presentation of a song and monologue.
1. Have the Audition Information Form - available in envelopes near the posted audition announcements in FAC 18, GWH 314 and the 3rd floor music dept. - filled out before you arrive, if possible.
2. Please be warmed-up and ready to begin promptly at 4:00 p.m. We will begin teaching the dance combination immediately. The space will be open by 3:00 for warming up. Please wear appropriate dance clothes. No hard sole shoes, sandals, jeans, etc. If you wish to audition, but can’t be there at 4:00, please speak to the stage manager, Racheal Luther, as soon as possible.
3. After the dance audition we will listen to your song and monologue.
o Songs should be from the musical theatre repertoire, but do not have to be from Curtains. Have your sheet music ready for the accompanist. It should be a cut of about 16 to 32 bars, or around 30 seconds. The start and stop should be clearly marked and not require the piano player to turn pages or dig through pages to follow the music. No taped accompaniment please. Please speak to Wayne Pope or your vocal coach if you don’t have a song. They will try to help you find one.
o Monologues should be 60 seconds long. If you do not have a monologue you will be asked to read a short scene from the show with a reader. Those scenes will be posted shortly before auditions and available at the audition.
Performance Dates: February 27 – March 2, 2013.
We will have one week less than we usually do to get the show mounted when the spring semester begins. Consequently, the rehearsal schedule is going to be very tight. Rehearsals will generally be Monday through Friday, and sometimes Sunday, from 7:30 – 11:00 p.m. There may be some rehearsals beginning this fall semester. Cast members may also be asked to return shortly before the beginning of the spring semester for rehearsals. Cast members will need to return from the holiday break memorized. In total, this production will probably require around 120 hours of rehearsal.
A copy of the script can be read in the Greenrooms, FAC 118 and Gordon Wilson 314. You are encouraged to do this.
All participants will be eligible and encouraged to enroll in Opera Theatre or Musical Theatre Ensemble for the spring. These are one-hour credit courses. There is no additional fee should you go over your semester credit limit by taking Opera Theatre.
Some participants may also be encouraged to enroll in the spring in Styles of Musical Theatre Dance, DANC 318, for two credit hours.
Please speak to Racheal Luther if you have a legitimate conflict and would like to try to schedule an alternative audition time.
Callbacks will be Monday and Tuesday, October 21st and 22nd.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,