- About WKU T&D
- Faculty & Staff
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Departmental Forms
- Our Shows
- School Group Performances
- Guest Artists
- Theatre in Diversion
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Potter College Creative Arts Scholarship
- Employment Opportunities
AUDITION: Six Characters in Search of an Author
|Author: Scott Stroot|
Date: Monday, August 18th, 2014
When: Monday, August 25th, 6:00-9:00 pm
Callbacks: Tuesday, August 26th, 6:00-9:00 pm
Where: Gordon Wilson Hall, room 312
- Your familiarity with the script and your availability to commit to the production schedule will be critical factors in your being considered for a role. To prepare for your audition, you are strongly encouraged to read the play and understand what each role entails. We will be using an updated adaptation of Pirandello’s original script that features updated contemporary language and characterizations, and a revised ending. A reading version of the script can be found in the Theatre & Dance department Greenrooms, GWH 314 and FAC 118.
- A memorized audition piece is not required, but it wouldn’t hurt to have a short (60 seconds max) contemporary monolog prepared; you may or may not be asked to perform it. Otherwise, the auditions will consist primarily of cold readings from the script and improvisations.
- Audition Forms can also be found in the Theatre & Dance department Greenrooms, GWH 314 and FAC 118. Please fill one out (both sides) well in advance of your audition, attach a current resume if you have one, and bring them with to your audition. (Headshots/photos welcome but not required.) A preliminary production schedule will also be available in the Greenrooms.
This production opens on September 25th –just 4 weeks from the start of classes. This means a very compressed, intense rehearsal schedule, with rehearsals being held every weekday evening, and more than usually on the weekends as well. So please seriously consider your availability to commit to this schedule before accepting a role, especially one of the following 3 roles, each of which will require a lot of memorization on a short schedule: The Step-Daughter, The Father, and The Director.
Rehearsal will commence on Thursday August 28th, the production runs from Thursday September 25th through Tuesday September 30th
For more information contact Professor Stroot: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Headlines for this category
No Featured Articles for this category
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,