Click on an exam below for more information.
- Math Placement Exam (MPE) required for all incoming students.
- This exam is requred for all students and will be used in conjuction with the Math
portion of your ACT or SAT score with regard to your major to determine the math class
you must take at WKU.
You must complete the MPE by 11:59 p.m. CST at least two business days before completing ATP Online and contacting your advisor. There is a 45-minute time limit that begins when you start the exam, so be sure to have enough time to read the instructions and take the exam before you begin. You will need your WKU ID# (begins with "800") and TopNet PIN to take the exam. To look up your PIN, visit topnet.wku.edu and use the PIN lookup tool.
When you are ready to take the MPE, click here.
Questions about the MPE? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 270-745-4242.
- Math Placement Trigonometry Exam (MPTE) required for Bio-Chemistry; Chemistry; Civil, Elec., Mech. Engineering; Physics; Pre-Pharmacy Majors
- You must take both the Math Placement Exam and the Math Placement Trigonometry Exam before you can be placed in the correct math
and chemistry classes at WKU.
You must complete the MPTE by 11:59 p.m. CST at least two business days before completing your online ATP session and contacting your advisor. There is a 30-minute time limit that begins when you start the exam, so be sure to have enough time to read the instructions and take the exam before you begin. You will need your WKU ID# (begins with "800") and TopNet PIN to take the exam. To look up your PIN, visit topnet.wku.edu and use the PIN lookup tool.
When you are ready to take the MPTE, click here.
Questions about the MPTE? Email email@example.com or call 270-745-4242.
- Chemistry Placement Exam (CPE) For a list of majors that must take the CPE, click here.
- Students planning to major in any of the following areas are required to take the
Chemistry Placement Exam (CPE):
The CPE is required for all students interested in the majors listed in the link below. This is a 55-minute timed exam and consists of 60 questions: 20 basic algebra, 20 basic chemistry, and 20 advanced chemistry. The results, which will be given to the student to share with their academic advisor, will indicate the class the student is eligible to take: Chemistry 116, Chemistry 120/121 or No Chemistry at this time (Math only).
Agriculture (Teacher Ed.) Chemistry (Teacher Ed.) Horse Sciences Pre-Dental Pre-Physical Therapy Animal Science Dairy Science Horticulture Pre-Forestry Pre-Podiatric Medicine Biochemistry Ecology Medical Technology Pre-Med Pre-Veterinary Medicine Biology (Teacher Ed.) Engineering (ALL) Physics (Teacher Ed.) Pre-Optometry Turf & Golf Course Mgmt. Botany Geology Pre-Chiropractic Pre-Pharmacy Zoology
The CPE should be taken before meeting with an advisor by coming to WKU or a WKU-Extended Campus location. South Campus students are not required to take this exam.
Questions about the CPE? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 270-745-4242.
- Foreign Language Placement Exam for those planning to continue the foreign language you took in high school.
- If you are continuing with the same language you took in high school and do not yet
have credit transferring from another accredited post-secondary institution...If you earned two foreign language credits in high school, you MUST enroll in 102
or higher if you are continuing with the same language. If you have studied a language
for more than two years in high school, you should consult the Modern Language website
for more information on AP and CLEP credit and for online placement exam instructions.
To ensure that your academic advisor will receive the score in time for ATP, the exam
must be taken 7-10 days beforehand.
If you would like to explore a new language... Students who do not intend to continue study in the same language as was taken in high school may register for the 101 class during advisement without taking the placement exam.Questions about the Foreign Language Placement Exam? Call Modern Languages at 270-745-2401.
- Accuplacer Exam for students attending South Campus at WKU.
- This exam is required for some South Campus students. We strongly encourage you to
take this exam in advance at WKU South Campus by making an appointment with the Learning
Assistance Center (LAC).
Students unable to take the exam in advance must plan to take the Accuplacer before advisement.
Questions about the Accuplacer? Call 270-780-2536.