New changes for 2015-2016
Changes for Residents
New programs and zone changes are being introduced to improve the parking experience for students on campus.
New Car Free Program
Residents enrolled in the Car Free Program will receive deep discounts on transportation services as an incentive to leave their cars at home.
Permit Options for the 2015-16 Academic Year (2015-2016 HOUSING PARKING MAP):
- Alumni Square Garage permit (AS) offers guaranteed parking in the Alumni Square Garage. AS permits are $240/yr.
- Premium Housing will be divided into 4 designated parking zones, H1 – H4. Premium
Housing permits are $220/yr. SOLD OUT
- H1 – Level 4 of PS1
- H2 – Minton Circle and Lot
- H3 – PFT and Barnes Lot
- H4 – Poland Lot and Avenue of Champions
- Non-Premium Housing is now called “H5”. H5 permits are $110/yr.
Car Free Program – New Program for Fall 2015!
The Car Free Program is an incentive package to encourage campus residents to leave their cars at home for Fall Semester. Participants receive discounts for transportation services offered through the Parking and Transportation Services Department. The goal of the program is to reduce the number of cars on campus during our busiest time of year – Fall Semester.
What is Included in the Program?
- Access to the Topper Transit System
- Complimentary enrollment in the Enterprise CarShare program ($35 value).
- Complimentary GObg Public Transit Semester Pass ($48 value).
- Complimentary bicycle tune up at the Preston Bike Shop on campus ($35 value).
- Discounted Airport Shuttle trips to Nashville International Airport (BNA, up to a $100 value).
- Discounted trips to Greyhound Bus Station (up to a $100 value).
- Move In/Move Out parking passes ($20/Value)
- Drawing for $250 Book Scholarship for Spring Semester. 3 lucky winners will be selected during Finals Week, Spring Semester.
For more details, visit the CAR FREE PROGRAM page.
Changes for Commuters
Recognizing the difficulties Commuters experienced at the start of this year, PTS is researching our options to expand parking options in the fall as well as reduce on-campus parking demand by residents.
- We are actively looking to expand park and ride options close to campus.
- We have developed a Car Free Program to provide incentives for residents to leave their cars at home for the Fall Semester and are raising housing permit fees by 20%.
If these strategies are successful, more parking will be available for Commuters on or near the main campus this fall.
New Permit Names and Fees (2015-2016 COMMUTER PARKING MAP).
- Alumni Square Garage Commuter permit (AC) fee is $200 per year.
- Main campus commuter parking permit will now be called “C1” and the fee is $100/year.
- South campus commuter park and ride permit will now be called “C2” and the fee is $50/year.
- New public parking will be available in the North Chestnut and Gated Regents lots.
Transit Service Changes
- A new Blue Line Park and Ride route.
- The RED LINE will be extended until 8:30 PM to provide a better connection between academic buildings on top of the Hill and commuter parking at the bottom of the Hill in the evening.
Changes for Faculty and Staff
- Reserved Parking (R)
- All full time, benefits eligible Faculty and Staff will be eligible to request a Reserved Parking space on campus.
- The Reserved space is for personal use during business days from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
- The Reserved Permit ($655/yr) will be valid in your designated space and any non-reserved space in all zones, including faculty / staff Gated Lots.
- Requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be reviewed and assigned as space allows in the requested area.
- Gated Lots (GR and GH)
- When current Gated permit holders purchase their permit, they will be issued new hang-tags. The fee remains $400/yr.
- Alumni Square Garage (AS)
- Guaranteed parking is available in the Alumni Square Garage (AS permit) for $240/yr.
- AS permits allow parking in the Alumni Square Garage and AP zones.
- Premium Parking (FS1 & FS2)
- The Premium parking lots will be broken into two zones, FS1 (The Hill & Mimosa Lots) and FS2 (Diddle Area and South Lawn Lots). By creating these zones, we will be able to more accurately match parking access with availability.
- FS1 permits ($220/yr) will be allowed to park in FS1 and FS3 zones.
- FS2 permits ($220/yr) will be allowed to park in FS2 and FS3 zones.
- Non-Premium Parking (FS3) (Previous NP)
- Non-Premium parking will now be called “FS3”. FS3 permits will be $100/yr.
- South Campus Park and Ride (C2)
- South Campus park and ride permit will now be called “C2”. C2 permits will remain $50/yr.
New Public Parking Options
- Chestnut North Lot
- This will operate similar to Diddle South Lot with a payment machine serving 16 spaces.
- We will maintain the same number of FS3 spaces in Chestnut North Lot.
- Gated Regents Lot
- As space allows, pay by the hour parking will be available in the Gated Regents Lot 7:30AM – 10:00PM, Mon – Sat.
- We will maintain guaranteed parking for Gated Regents permit holders.
For more details, visit the PUBLIC PARKING page.
Changes to the Transit Service
- A new BLUE LINE PARK N' RIDE route will provide service from Commuter C1 parking on Russellville Road to the main campus. Service will be provided on a 15 minute interval from 7:15 AM to 6:00 PM weekdays.
- The RED LINE NORTH CAMPUS CIRCULATOR route will have extended service until 8:30 PM. This will provide better connections between the top of the hill academic buildings and the bottom of the hill commuter parking lots for students taking evening classes.
- The GREEN LINE EXPRESS will have 30 minute express service weekdays (2 PM to 6 PM) from the Campbell Lane Lot to and from Campbell Lane destinations, including Kroger shopping center, WalMart shopping center, Greenwood Mall, and Barnes and Noble shopping center. The full service route, including stops on the main campus, continues from 6 PM – 10 PM weeknights on a 30 minute schedule. There will be no changes to the Saturday service.
Click on the links to the left for important details.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,