- Buy your WKU Parking Permit!
- Manage Your Parking Account
- Appeal a Citation
- Pay a Citation
- NextBus Information
- Alumni Square Garage
- Enterprise Car Share
- Event Shuttle Request
- Departmental Service Request
- Advertising Opportunities
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Visitors to Campus
- Disability Parking
- Car Free
- PTS Staff
- Campus Services and Facilities
- 15 Passenger Van Training
Football Season Has Begun - Friday, August 29th
|Date: Thursday, August 28th, 2014||Return|
Friday, August 29th will be the season’s opener when the WKU Hilltoppers host Bowling Green State University Falcons.
Kick-off is at 6:30 p.m. with tailgating festivities beginning at 4:00 PM. Tailgating areas close 30 minutes prior to start of the game. For a detailed event map, please click HERE.
- Public parking will be available in the Alumni Square Garage for $5/vehicle. Shuttle service will be provided approximately every 10 minutes.
- A limited amount of public parking will be available in PS1 at no charge on floors 4-7. Use the University Blvd entrance.
- Public parking will be available in the Creason Lot and University Blvd Lot at no charge. Shuttle service will be provided approximately every 15 minutes.
- See WKU Athletics GOOGLE MAP of Parking.
Disability and RV Parking
- Disability parking is provided in the Jones Jaggers Lot beginning at 3:30 PM. Disability Shuttle Service will be provided by Topper Transit beginning at 4:30 PM and will continue through the conclusion of the event.
- RV Parking will be provided in the Service Supply Lot on a first come, first served basis beginning at 4:00 PM.
- A number of lots will be reserved to support the event. Please refer to the Football Tailgating Map for more information.
- Free shuttle service will be provided beginning at 4:30 PM until the conclusion of the event from the following locations: Alumni Square Garage (ASG), Jones Jaggers, Creason Lot, University Blvd Lot.
Pre-Event Road Closings
Roads will close prior to the game for pedestrian safety and event traffic control.
- Avenue of Champions
- Beginning at 3:30 PM, Avenue of Champions will be closed at College Heights Blvd. Access will be restricted to event permit holders. Event permit holders should approach the intersection from University Blvd.
- Avenue of Champions will re-open after the conclusion of the game and event traffic has subsided.
- College Heights Blvd
- Beginning at 4:30 PM, College Heights Blvd. will be closed to all south bound traffic at Hilltop Drive. Northbound traffic will be detoured onto Colonnade Drive. No large trucks can pass.
- Beginning at 5:30 PM, College Heights Blvd south bound closure will move to Colonnade Drive. Northbound traffic will re-open with no restrictions.
- College Heights Blvd will open after the game begins at 6:30 PM.
Post-Event Traffic Control
- Following the game, while event traffic is exiting campus, traffic will not be allowed onto campus. Police will be present at key intersections and will begin to control traffic at the start of the 4thquarter. Traffic will be controlled at the following intersections:
- University Blvd and 31W
- University Blvd and Normal Street
- University Blvd and Russellville Rd
- University Blvd and Parking Structure 1
- University Blvd and Parking Structure 2
- University Blvd and Old Morgantown Road
- Russellville Road and Morgantown Road
- For a post-event traffic map, click HERE.
As we implement the event parking and traffic control plan, your cooperation is appreciated.
November 26th -November 30th
November 26th - November 30th
Commuter Permit Holders ONLY
Speed Limit Reduced on Normal and State Streets
New Yellow Line
New Purple Line Transit Service
Big discounts offered to Students, Faculty, and Staff. Visit www.InShuttle.com/wku to make your reservations! Click the headline above for more information.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,