- General Information
- Getting Started
- Payment Information
- Summer Training Time
- Enrollment Verification
- Certifiable Programs
- Tutorial Assistance
- Work Study
- VA Links
- VA/Military Scholarships
Western Kentucky University
Veteran Deferment Policy
Submit this form ONLY if you have already submitted a Certification Request Form
and are requesting to have your tuition deferred for the current semester.
Submission of this form verifies:
- I am requesting the deferment for the stated semester/term and I hereby acknowledge that I am personally responsible for payment of any outstanding balance (not covered by the Department of Veterans Affairs).
- The portion not covered by the Department of Veterans Affairs must be paid by the end of the term.
- I understand that my grades and transcripts will be withheld, and that registration for any future semesters/terms will NOT be allowed until the remaining portion not covered by the Department of Veterans Affairs is PAID in FULL.
- I further understand that if I drop classes and/or withdraw from the University, I will be subject to the normal refund policies as published by the University, and that any amount owed according to those policies must be paid by me.
- I understand that if my balance remains unpaid for 90 days following the end of the semester/term for which it is owed, my account will be referred to a collection agency, and any charges associated with this referral and/or processing must be paid by me.
When your deferment is processed by the VA Office at WKU, you will be able to view the derment on your TOPNET account by clicking on the Financial Aid tab, then clicking on Eligibility, choose the correct aid year, and then click on the Student Requirment tab.
It may require at least 48 hours before you can view your deferment on your TOPNET account.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,