129, Knicely Conference Center
2355 Nashville Road
Bowling Green, KY 42101
New and featured courses for the upcoming Winter Term. Click here to view all of our offerings.
- ARBC 101 – Elementary Arabic I
An introduction to the study of the basic grammar, syntax and vocabulary of Modern Standard Arabic (MSA), concentrating on developing fundamental skills in writing, reading, listening and speaking. The goal of first semester Arabic is to provide a solid foundation of knowledge of the Arabic alphabet while developing proficiency in beginning grammar and providing a forum to practice and use what students are learning. This course and the selected texts address all four communication skills (reading, speaking, listening and writing.)
Upon completion of Elementary Arabic I, you will:
- Know the basics of the Arabic alphabet and the pronunciation of all letters.
- Be able to read texts on familiar topics and understand the main ideas without using the dictionary and have confidence in his/her ability to guess the meaning of new words from context.
- Be able to speak about him/herself and environment, carry out basic transactions related to daily life orally and in writing.
- Understand native speakers to a certain extent, especially if they are communicating in Modern Standard Arabic.
- Be familiar with many aspects of Arab culture.
- MGT 361 – Business Communication Fundamentals
Emphasis on communication fundamentals essential for business. Electronic communications in the business environment, research tools for business, reports, presentations, resumes and correspondences.
Students enrolling in upper division College of Business courses must meet certain eligibility requirements. Students who are not admitted to the Gordon Ford College of Business are restricted to a maximum of 12 hours (earned plus enrolled) of upper division courses.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,