Eligibility and Selection Process
Applications will be made available to faculty in the fall prior to the program. Click here to see successful applications from past seminars. The number of spots available will vary from year to year and will be announced at the time that applications are made available.
To be eligible for the Seminar, the following requirements must be met:
- Full-time faculty member employed by WKU;
- Department and College endorsement (to be indicated on application form);
- 1:1 matching funding;
- Capable of meeting the potential physical demands of the Seminar--which may vary depending on location. For more information on the expected physical demands, contact the Coordinator of OIP (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the designated Faculty Leader.
**No children/dependents will be permitted to accompany ZSEIFS participants.
Applications will be evaluated by the International Education Advisory Council and based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to internationalization;
- Clear and well thought out plan for incorporating region/country into teaching along with other areas (research, international education program development);
- Construction of purposeful reading-list.
NOTE: Although we will preference faculty members who have had fewer (or no) international professional development opportunities, faculty with international experience are not ineligible for participation in the Zuheir Sofia Endowed International Faculty Seminar. However, faculty who have experience in the target country/region are not likely to be considered eligible.
For details regarding deadlines and announcements, see Timeline.