Welcome Prospective Military Students and Veterans!
WKU strives to be a military friendly institution that will provide military personnel the ability to attend WKU and receive college credit for formal courses and primary occupations offered while in the military. WKU awards college credit based on the American Council on Education (ACE) Guide Recommendation. Active duty soldiers or military veterans will be required to submit official military transcripts prior to admission. Any soldier that is retired or discharged from the military will be required to submit a copy of the DD Form 214 (Member Copy 4) Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty of Service. The DD Form 214 must have Characterization of Service listed on the form.
1. Complete an online application for admission
2. Meet Admission Criteria
3. Request Required Military Transcripts
4. Retired or Discharged Veterans must Request DD Form 214
Resources for Veterans and Active Duty Military Personnel
- Military Student Services
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Federal GI Bill Info
- WKU Independent Learning
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC)
- WKU Veterans Affairs
- WKU Veterans Upward Bound
- WKU Student Disability Services
- Federal TRIO Programs offered at WKU
- ARMY ROTC
- Air Force ROTC
- KY Veterans Affairs
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,