Campus Safety Report
Tuition Incentive Programs (TIP)
Western Kentucky University offers a Tuition Incentive Program (TIP) to qualified students who are residents of specific counties in Tennessee, Illinois, Missouri, Ohio, Florida, Georgia, and Indiana.
Tier 1: Based on County Residence
Students in Tier 1 receive the TIP tuition rate. Eligible students will also be awarded the Tuition Incentive Program Scholarship (TIPS); see eligibility requirements below.
Tier 2: Based on County of Residence
Students in Tier 2 receive the TIP tuition rate only.
Tuition Incentive Program Scholarships (TIPS)
Students with superior achievement will receive a Tuition Incentive Program Scholarship (TIPS) to pay the difference between the tuition rate for resident, undergraduate students attending the main campus and the Tuition Incentive Program.
- The scholarship will automatically be awarded to beginning freshmen with a unweighted cumulative grade point average of a 3.5 AND a 25 composite ACT score or a 1130 SAT total.
- Transfer students from an accredited college or university must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale with at least 24 semester hours earned.
- Students enrolled with a Tuition Incentive Program Scholarship may qualify for each subsequent academic year with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Students not receiving a Tuition Incentive Program Scholarship as a new student cannot receive the scholarship at a later date.
- If the Tuition Incentive Program Scholarship is cancelled because a 3.0 GPA is not maintained, it will not be re-instated later.
- Students falling into Tier 2 automatically receive the Tuition Incentive Program rate, however, they are not eligible for the Tuition Incentive Program scholarship.
- The Tuition Incentive Program cannot be administered to Distance Learning courses.
Students from the following Tennessee counties are eligible for the in-state tuition level as a result of a scholarship that is automatically awarded.