Regional Nonprofit Job Opportunities
The ALIVE Center maintains a list of nonprofit jobs for community members to refer to when looking for employment. Please click on the link for more information regarding each employment opportunity. You can contact the agency to ask any questions you may have and confirm that opportunity is still available. If a nonprofit organization would like to post a job opportunity on this page, please send the announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: FSW-Warren County (posted 08/29/13)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Senior Center Meal Delivery Driver Simpson county (posted 3/31/2014)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: WX Laborer (posted on 5/2/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Teacher Position (posted on 5/19/15)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Senior Center Manager Hart County (posted on 7/31/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Senior Center manager (posted on 5/27/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Teacher Assistant Logan County (posted 6/27/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Weatherization Program Director (posted 8/01/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Barren County/ Cave City Teacher Assistant (posted on 8/21/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: ATV Family Service Associate (posted on 8/21/14)
- Family Enrichment Center: Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper (posted 02/19/14)
- AmeriCorps: Americorps Position (posted 8/12/14)
- Family Enrichment Center: Director of Childcare (posted 8/14/14)
- Family Enrichment Center: Office Associate (posted 8/14/14)
- Family Enrichment Center: Childcare Teacher (posted 8/29/14)
- Family Enrichment Center: In Home Parent Educator (posted 12/1/14)
- Hope Harbor, inc.: Clinical Therapist (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Energy Assistance Aide Edmonson (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Energy Assistance Aide Allen (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Records Clerk Warren (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Energy Assistance Aide Hart Co (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Energy Assistance Aide Barren Co (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Energy Assistance Aide Logan Co (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Energy Assistance Aide Warren Co (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Teacher Warren Co (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Cook Metcalfe Co (posted 9/22/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: County Coordinator Monroe Co (posted 9/22/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Senior Meal Drive Logan Co (posted 9/22/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Child Care Teacher Metcalfe Co (posted 10/6/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Food Service Cook Warren Co (posted 10/17/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Teacher Assistant/Bus Driver (posted 10/20/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: CCC Family Service Associate (posted 10/27/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Temporary Driver Warren Co (posted 11/21/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Program Assistant for Senior Services (posted 2/5/15)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Senior Center Manager (posted 2/11/15)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Allen Co Coordinator (posted 3/24/15)
- Family Enrichment Center: Childcare Teacher (posted 11/5/14)
- BRASS, Inc: Executive Director (posted 3/2/15)
- Community Education: School Age Programming Staff (posted 3/24/15)
- The American Red Cross of South Central Kentucky is searching for a Development Specialist. Please share the details and link to the application below.
American Red Cross AmeriCorps Position
The American Red Cross is looking for someone who can serve alongside paid and volunteer staff, provide direct service to clients of the American Red Cross through the accomplishment of National Preparedness & Response Corps goals and objectives. Members will complete projects that enhance organizational service delivery, expand community resources while developing their professional skill base throughout the Kentuckiana and Bluegrass Regions. Service location: South Central KY Chapter, Bowling Green, KY. For more information, please contact 270-781-7377. Click here for full description. Click here for instructions on how to submit an application.
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity is currently accepting applications for the Executive Director position. Click here for full description of position. For more information or questions contact Rodney Goodman by calling 270-843-6027
The Habitat ReStore in Bowling Green, KY is accepting applications for a part-time ReStore Associate. Interested applicants can read the job description and fill out the application and return it to the ReStore at 1232 Adams Street Bowling Green KY 42101.
School Age Programming Staff: Site supervisors (20-25 hours per week) and group leaders (15-18 hours per week) work in before and after-school programs in both city and county school districts. Positions are available at elementary and middle schools. Those wanting to work in the before-school programs must be available from 6:30-8 a.m. on weekdays. Those wanting to work in the after-school programs must be available to work from 2-6 p.m. on weekdays. Minimum requirements include a valid driver’s license; reliable transportation; good written and oral communication skills; dependability, flexibility and the ability to work well with school personnel, parents and students. Applicants also must meet minimum state requirements for child care providers. Background checks are required. For more information or to download an application, log on to www.commed.us, or visit our office at 1227 Westen Ave. You can also call us at 270-842-4281.”
Salvation Army-Shelter Monitors
Accepts and process residents staying in a housing facility. Click here for more information. (posted 12/5/2013)
AmeriCorps NPRC Member Recruitment
The Kentuckiana Region of the American Red Cross is currently accepting applications for the AmeriCorps National Preparedness and Response Corps. Selected members will complete projects that engage their service areas and build capacity through disaster education and various preparedness activities while building their professional skill base. We are actively recruiting for these service locations. Louisville, KY (Jefferson, Shelby and Hardin / La Rue Counties), Jeffersonville, IN, Madison, IN, Georgetown, IN, Frankfort, KY, Paducah, KY, Bowling Green, KY, and Madisonville, KY.
If interested please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Independent Producer Opportunity
You can contract independently to sell Mutual of Omaha products. For sales independence with more competitive advantages, choose our Independent Producer Opportunity. Gain selling power with our strong brand, complete product portfolio and excellent support services.
Housing Counselor for AmeriCorps Volunteer
The Barren River Area Safe Space, Inc. is looking for an individual to work with homeless victims of domestic violence. A unique opportunity to help homeless and low-income women and children find safe, decent and affordable housing. Address safe, affordable housing challenges by offering credit counseling, budgeting, and job development training. Develop partnerships and networks with community agencies and provide valuable resources to victims of domestic violence. AmeriCorps Housing Counselors serve to address homelessness prevention by helping to keep people in stable housing. Insure timely rental payments, mediate community, landlord, or neighbor disputes. Insure that residents and clients have access to appropriate supportive services.
Must commit to a year of service, be 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED. Living allowance, basic healthcare and education award available. To apply or for more information please contact Michelle Fiore at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Enrichment Center
FEC is a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower families and prevent child abuse is now accepting applications for:
Part Time Childcare Teacher positions. Must have: a HS Diploma, Prior Daycare Experience, Bachelor Degree in IECEC/ Child Studies or related field preferred, Must be able to lift 40lbs. Must be able to work 5 hours a day/25 hours a week M-F. Duties include: nurturing, teaching and providing a safe environment for children, organizing activities, and creating and implementing curriculum for children's growth.. Childcare teacher will also help children explore ideas, interests and talents, and help build positive character traits. Equal opportunity employer. Email/Mail resume to: Family Enrichment Center, Attn: Nickie Jones, 441 Church Avenue, Bowling Green, KY 42101 email@example.com or call 781-6714
Parent Educator for in-home and class education position
· Bachelor Degree in Human Services or related field preferred
· Prior parent education/counseling, in-home parent education, group facilitation or human services experience required
· Microsoft Office knowledge required (Word, Publisher & Excel)
Responsibilities include: Implementation of in-home parent education curriculum in Warren and Allen counties, facilitate group meetings for clients, maintain accurate, complete, and current records, and make referrals to community partners. Equal opportunity employer.
Fax/Email/Mail resume and salary history to: Lynn Hulsey, Family Enrichment Center, 1133 Adams Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101, firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 270-842-5831
Childcare Teacher Position
· Must have a HS Diploma
· Prior Childcare Experience
· Bachelor Degree in IECEC/ Child Studies or related field preferred
· Must be able to lift 40lbs.
· Must be able to work 5 hours a day/25 hours a week M-F.
Duties include: nurturing, teaching and providing a safe environment for children, organizing activities, and creating and implementing curriculum for children’s growth.. Childcare teacher will also help children explore ideas, interests and talents, and help build positive character traits. Equal opportunity employer.
Email/Mail resume to: Family Enrichment Center, Attn: Nickie Jones, 1133 Adams Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101
email@example.com or call 781-6714
The National Corvette Museum
Admissions/Tours. Part Time, 20 - 30 hours per week. Weekend work required, some evenings possible due to after hours facility rentals. Duties include but aren't limited to: operating point of sale computers, greeting guests, selling raffle tickets, memberships, etc, booking tours, providing security throughout Museum, assisting other departments with projects, leading guided tours, distributing promotional literature, opening and closing Museum and serving as a resource to guests. High School degree or equivalent. Strong computer and customer service skills required. Communication skills required, including ability to multi- task and proficient writing abilities. Available immediately. For more information please contact Becky Pearson, HR Administrator, at 270.467.8856.
2. Provides case management services to foster children including but not limited to, advocating on behalf of the client and family with social service agencies, court, police, medical, school, and other mental health professionals.
3. Conducts home visits and provides on-going assessments to ensure foster homes remain viable for placements.
4. Provides support to foster children and consultation to foster parents.
5. Complies with paperwork requirements as established by the state placing agency and Benchmark Family Services
6. Provides stabilization services on a crisis basis to prevent placement disruptions. Participate in the rotation of the emergency after-hours phone.
7. Assist with other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
1. Education – Bachelor’s degree in social work or a related human services field, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience that meets the state standard for this job position.
2. Job Experience - Experience working with adolescents is preferred.
TFC Case Manager
Brief Job Description: This position will provide case management services to children placed in the LifeSkills, Inc Therapeutic Foster Care Program. Coordinate services needed by child, biological family, if appropriate, and foster family. Develop supervision plans for review in monthly family team meetings facilitated by the case manager. Position will comply with all state mandated reports, documentation, face to face visits and medical chart documentation. Provide telephone on-call (afterhours) crisis support in rotation with other case managers.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, sociology, social work or related field. Must have at least one year experience working with children, preferably children with emotional disabilities and/or children in foster care. Valid driver’s license and auto insurance. Must possess strong written and verbal skills.
and evening hours.
Please submit your job application on the LIfeSkills, Inc website: http://www.lifeskills.com/about-us/jobs-center/
COMMUNITY ACTION OF SOUTHERN KENTUCKY INC.
POSITION LOCATION PROGRAM
Dispatcher/Office Associate Bowling Green, KY Transportation
Closes: Full-time position available with our Transportation Program in Bowling Green, Warren County. The position responsibilities will include: dispatching, taking ADA reservations, scheduling drivers; processing transportation route and operational data for input and retrieval; Perform clerical support duties including preparation of correspondence, reports, and other general office duties. An alternate work schedule may be required.
Qualifications: Minimum qualification for this position is a high school diploma (or GED), valid Kentucky Driver’s License; very proficient Microsoft office program skills, especially Word and Excel; excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills with the ability to focus and remain courteous and professional in a fast-paced, interruptive environment. An Associate Degree in Office Management or closely related field is highly desirable. The qualified candidate will be a self-starter, demonstrate superior ability to perform all duties utilizing skills, knowledge, experience, education, sound judgment, personal initiative and confidentiality. Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of personnel and customers in a courteous and professional manner. This position requires a pre-employment drug screen.
Salary: Minimum salary for this position will be $9.00 per hour.
Application Process: For immediate consideration you will need to submit a resume, with a cover letter indicating salary history to the address and/or e-mail below; or you may apply in person at the following Community Action locations:
921 Beauty Avenue
PO Box 90014
Bowling Green, KY 42102
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,