- At Home
- Emergency Response
- Internships (Nonprofit)
- Manual Labor
Regional Service Opportunities
There are numerous opportunities to service within the ALIVE Center's 27-county service region. We will gladly share service opportunities that may be available throughout the area. If you have anything that you would like to post to this section, please email email@example.com.
Boulware Mission, Inc.
Contact: Monique Craig
Phone: (270) 929-0771; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Boulware Mission, Inc. offers both emergency shelter and long-term, comprehensive services for homeless men, women, and children. A volunteer is needed every Tuesday from 7:30am to 1:30pm to help the CEO with administrative duties and gathering information for HARTH grant participants. They are willing to work around someone's schedule if that day/time does not work, but need someone for at least 3 hours once a week.
A volunteer is also needed to help answer phones on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00am to 3:00pm. This volunteer opportunity can be filled by 2 to 3 people. Tuesday through Friday afternoons from 1:00pm to 5:00pm might also be available.
Volunteer opportunities are also available for those who would like to cook.
Boulware Mission is also looking for a group of volunteers to help clean and organize a few rooms in preparation for the women from Impact 100. This needs to be done before September 19th.
Cliff Hagan Boys & Girls Club - Owensboro
Contact: Melissa Hughes
Phone: 270-685-4903; Email: email@example.com
The Cliff Hagan Boys & Girls Club has volunteer opportunities starting this summer from June 6- July 29 from 7:30am-6:00pm. They also will have volunteer opportunities for fall from 2:30pm-6:30pm at the Mike Horn Unit and Martel Wightman Unit. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 270-685-4903.
Contact: Matt Woodfall
Phone: 270-926-6893; Email: email@example.com
- One-to-one - 1 hour a week for a year, matched with a child 6-14 years old
- School based mentoring - 1 hour week after school in group or one to one settings
- Group mentor - working with kids on the waiting list - 1 hour a month with other adult volunteers
- MentorMoms - once a quarter event planning for single moms
- Fundraising - work with our development team on yearly fundraisers
- Monthly Activities - volunteer to help with our monthly activities for matches. Approximately 1.5 hours a month, one activity per month.
- Program - work alongside our program staff and assist in regular events and organization
- Development - work alongside our development team to help with Marketing, Community awareness, and fundraising
- Administration - work with our office manager on Administrative tasks and assignments.
- Volunteer for specific projects to be accomplished at our facility, current needs involve a kitchen/bathroom remodel.
Phone: (270) 737-2929
"Empty Bowls" fundraiser. For a $15 donation, enjoy a variety of soups, breads, and desserts, musical performances by local artists, and receive a handmade bowl as a reminder that some people's bowls are empty.
February 11, 2012 from 4-7pm at 609 E. Dixie Avenue, Elizabethtown.
An auction for a one-week stay at a four bedroom, three bathroom townhouse near Lake Tahoe and bowls made by community leaders will start at 5:00.
Community Action of Southern Kentucky
Contact: Community Action main office
Phone: 270-782-3162, ext. 175
Volunteer needs are in All Counties: Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Hart, Logan, Metcalfe, Monroe, Simpson, and Warren
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Aides and receptionist. November through March. Light office duties, greeting clients, answering phone.
- During tax season we are looking for tax preparers and would love to have them in any county!
- Senior Centers: (There is high need in Logan, Metcalfe and Hart County, but needed in all counties year round. Some of our Senior Center have these volunteers, but others do not.)
- Volunteer to help other volunteers package meals for homebound and serve meal on site for congregate individuals. Help clean and maintain service area.
- Volunteer to go with driver to deliver the meal to seniors in the home
- Volunteer to deliver meals to homebound adults
- Volunteer to do an activity at the senior center. Call bingo, crafts, teach an art class, cooking class, lead exercise, walking and encourage use of treadmills and exercise bikes, Wii and other activities.
- Volunteer to help lead and implement fundraising and activity ideas
- Volunteer to call or visit seniors in the home.
- Volunteer to answer phone and greet people.
- Volunteer groups/organizations to provide a meal for a Senior Center
- Volunteer to Transport Seniors to and from home, doctor, drug store, etc as needed.