- WINTER 2015
- Cuba - Culture & Literature
- New York
Theater & Broadway
- Trinidad & Tobago - Culture
- Sundance Film Festival Experience
- SPRING 2015
- The Kentucky Experience
- SUMMER 2015
- Iceland: The Climate Change Challenge
These lifelong learning opportunities are developed and led by experts and designed to give participants a one-of-a-kind experience.
Lifelong Learning Option
Explore different regions of Kentucky and learn how the Commonwealth's history is shaped by the landscape and the people who make Kentucky their home.
This week-long lifelong learning experience brings together a group of adventurous students and non-credit participants guided by experts in Kentucky history and geography. Learn more about the credit option.
The Program Leaders may determine other eligibility requirements, but at a minimum, all applicants need to meet these requirements:
- Completion of registration form and deposits.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of departure (parent/guardian permission for anyone under 18 at time of departure).
- Attendance at all pre-departure orientations.
- Full payment prior to departure is required.
Included in Base Package
- Meals (as listed in schedule)
- Admission for program activities
- Program-related ground transportation
- Tips for guides and drivers
Excluded from Base Package
- Items not explicitly listed in program details.
- Cost of independent travel (non-program travel)
- Meals & Services and beverages not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses such as laundry, phone call, and internet access
Final program fee subject to change due to travel arrangements.
Planned Schedule for Spring Break 2015 (subject to change)
|March 9||Lincoln Birthplace National Park. Bardstown|
|March 10||Perryville Battle Field. Shakertown at Pleasant Hill|
|March 11||Buffalo Trace Tour Distillery. Frankfort – Capitol Tour. Lexington - Tour of Horse Farms OR Kentucky Horse Park|
|March 12||Cane Ridge KY. Natural Bridge State Park. Benham - Kentucky Coal Mine Museum|
|March 13||Harlan. Corbin - Lunch at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Cumberland Falls State Park|
|March 14||Barthell Coal Mining Camp. Berea - Kentucky Artisan Center. Renfro Valley - Kentucky Music Hall of Fame. Return to Glasgow|
The schedule is subject to change due to educational opportunities that may arise unexpectedly, the vagaries of weather, and other factors beyond the control of the course instructors and staff.
- Jennifer Hanley, Assistant Professor
- Amy Nemon, Instructor
Geography & Geology
- Simon Funge, Assistant Professor
- Shakertown at Pleasant Hill
- Benham School House Inn
- Cumberland Falls State Park
- WKU Spring Break - March 9 - 14, 2015
Program Package (estimate)
- $512 - $529
- Final package cost determined by the number of participants.
Western Kentucky University and its associates are not responsible for any loss due to theft, personal injury, flight or weather delays, negligence, or default of suppliers, or suppliers changing of itineraries. They and their associates are not responsible for any loss due to travel/flight delays or changes in travel plans due to Acts of Nature or other unforeseen circumstances, nor are we responsible for accidents and medical care. Tour services are furnished by independent contractors who are not agents or servants of Western Kentucky University. Refunds are not available for unused portions of the package.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,