- Western Kentucky University seeks talented science students to participate in its summer REU program in investigative biotechnology.
- Our preference is for rising juniors and seniors (younger students with research experience will be considered).
- Applicants should have completed core courses in the science curriculum at their home institutions and have demonstrated a curiosity and passion for science.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. and its possessions, must be enrolled in a program leading to a bachelor's degree, and must have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- We especially encourage applications from students who are members of groups underrepresented in graduate education in the biological sciences (minorities, first generation college students, and students from low-income families).
Participants will be selected based on several criteria: the strength of faculty recommendations, GPA, student career plans, level of involvement in science curriculum, and specific scientific interests as outlined in a personal statement.
The final decision will be based upon the fit between the applicant’s interest and our faculty expertise.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,