Opportunities at CEBS
WKU Vanguard Project
Partnership among Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green Independent School District, Daviess County School District, Owensboro Independent School District, and Warren County School District
GOAL: Transform the system of education in Kentucky to a level whereby schools/students will perform at levels comparable to those of schools in top performing countries in the world.
- Recruit high-performing students into teacher education programs;
- Increase standards for individuals seeking admission to and exiting teacher education programs;
- Increase expectations of teacher candidates relative to mastery of subject matter;
- Provide clinical experiences to ensure prospective teachers master the craft of teaching;
- Enhance support for new teachers entering the profession; and
- Restructure/align districts/schools with the project guidelines.
WKU Vanguard Prospectus (pdf)
WKU Vanguard Presentation (pptx)
|View PDF *
*: posted with permission from The National Center on Education and the Economy (NCEE)
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,