Master of Science in
Contact: Amy Fitzpatrick
School of Kinesiology, Recreation and Sport
Contact: Brad StinnettProgram Coordinator
Master of Science in Athletic Administration
Western Kentucky University’s Master of Science in Recreation and Sports Administration with a concentration in Athletic Administration & Coaching is a 100% online degree program. This cohort provides an opportunity for persons interested in Interscholastic (K-12) Athletic Administration & Coaching to gain knowledge, research and experience. Designed to prepare individuals for the leadership skills required as both disciplines in coaching and athletic administration grow, this program goes beyond theoretical instruction and provides knowledge, skills, and professional expertise.
The program is characterized by:
- A format that is designed for a specific number of students (cohort) to move through the program coursework together, taking the same classes and building peer relationships;
- Courses that are offered 100% online;
- Sequencing that outlines a sure path to degree attainment, guaranteed placement in classes, and additional admissions and registration services;
- Curriculum that offers both theoretical and practical application with respect to legal, fiscal, ethical, and foundational contexts to athletic administration;
- Faculty that bring formal education and personal experience.
The 100% online Master of Science in Recreation and Sport Administration with a concentration in Athletic Administration & Coaching Cohort Program was designed to meet the demands of professionals in the field of Interscholastic (K-12) Athletics. This web-based program is targeted to highly motivated individuals and will allow students the ability to increase their understanding of the field of athletic administration without altering their personal and professional schedules. Emphasis is placed on preparing individuals for the ever changing economic, political, legal, and marketing concerns that are a part of the interscholastic sport industry.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Further their knowledge through an application based course structure designed to enhance skills and competencies in athletic administration and coaching;
- Utilize current working problems within the profession in order to assess solutions to established needs;
- Build a professional networking base that allows for the sharing of issues and problems in order to integrate a logical problem solving paradigm in the solution process.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,