Press Enter to Search
Admission to the Counseling and Student Affairs Master’s Degree Programs
The Department of Counseling and Student Affairs offers Master of Arts in Education (MAE) degree programs in:
- School Counseling (P-12)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling
- Student Affairs in Higher Education
• The Department also provides certificate, certification, Rank I, and an Educational Specialist degree in Counselor Education designed for those with a master’s degree in School Counseling. For information about admission to these programs go to the pages describing these programs on this site.
Application Deadline is March 15 for fall admission.
Overview of the Application Process for Master's Degree Programs
Review of completed applications begins March15th for admission the following Fall Semester. Reviews employ a holistic approach to evaluate each applicant’s potential to be successful as students and, upon graduation, counseling or student affairs professionals. This approach involves the submission of materials that allow department faculty members to develop a more complete picture of applicants in terms of academic achievement, test scores, writing abilities, life experience, and personal and interpersonal awareness. Faculty rate application materials and rank the applications according to these ratings. The faculty then asks the most highly ranked applicants to campus for an interview. After the completion of the interviews, admissions decisions are made based on application ratings and interview evaluations. The application process is competitive with a limited number of openings.
Application for admission requires three steps:
- Supply required materials to Graduate Studies.
- Supply required materials to the Department of Counseling and Student Affairs
- If selected by departmental faculty, participate in an on-campus interview.
These steps are explained in detail on the following pages.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,