Courses for Communication in the Workplace:
4 Hours Total (One 4-Hour Session)
This training course is based on the techniques of experiential learning and much of the learning process is "created" by the participants. In this type of learning there will be less direction but more guidance from the facilitator.
Also, participants will be working in teams and will be learning communication skills as they solve a "Who done it..." mystery.
The participants will be able to:
- Recognize common myths and facts related to communication
- Understand the value or destructiveness of assumptions in communication
- Distinguish among the four paths of expression
- Practice using assertive, positive language when communicating with others
- Use active-listening skills to communicate with others in a group
- Practice effective listening techniques
- Become sensitive to behaviors that may or may not obstruct problem solving
- Communication basics
- Uncovering assertive speaking skills
- Discovering active listening
- Obstacles to active listening
Who Should Attend
This seminar is intended for managers, supervisors, supervisory trainees, employees involved in teams and employees interested in improving all aspects of their communication skills.