Courses for Management & Supervisory Training:
4 Hours Total (One 4-Hour Session)
Coaching skills can be applied to a variety of situations. The most common situations involve the "big picture" view of identifying a satisfying life path and the narrower view of improving performance in specific areas. This course reviews some of those basic situations and then expands upon them to give participants a chance to practice applying the skills in different situations.
The focus of this course is on establishing the context of a situation, then allowing the participants a chance to practice or evaluate a portion of a coaching session.
The participant will learn to: (1) identify the four steps of a coaching session and how they are applied in various contexts, (2) recognize the correct application of inquiry and advocacy in a coaching session and, (3) apply basic coaching techniques to coaching for: performance improvement, career development, training for specific skills and coaching a business team.
- An Overview of Coaching
- Conducting a Coaching Session
- Communication Skills:
- Communication Techniques: Inquiry and Advocacy
- Coaching for Performance Improvement
- Coaching for Career Development
- The Career Coaching Process
- Conversation: Finding Your Passion
- Conversation: Setting SMART Goals
- Coaching for Training Specific Skills
- Implementing the Steps to Effective Coaching
- Brainstorming Around a Task
- Coaching Techniques
- Action plan
Who Should Attend
This seminar is intended for managers, supervisors, and team leaders.