Courses for Management & Supervisory Training:
One 4-Hour Session
Performance appraisal is not just measurement and evaluation, but a process of defining desired performance and creating a system of evaluation and review to support it. This workshop is designed to train managers and/or supervisors to conduct meaningful performance appraisals that will result in improved worker motivation and performance.
The participant will learn: (1) why appraisals should be done, (2) who should be involved with performance appraisal and review, (3) what some common barriers to effective Performance Appraisal Review (PAR) are, (4) what should be evaluated, (5) when and how often PAR should be done, (6) how feedback should be given, and (7) how to diagnose performance problems.
- The appraisal process
- Attitudes toward performance appraisal
- Discussion of problems in appraising performance
- Problems of observing and evaluating performance
- Problems of documenting behavior
- How to analyze performance problems
- Giving performance feedback
- The principles of good performance interviews
- Exercises: giving performance feedback
Who Should Attend
This seminar is intended for individuals who conduct performance evaluations.