Courses for Management & Supervisory Training:
Preventing Violent and Aggressive Behavior
4-6 Hours Total
It is important that everyone in an organization be able to identify the warning signs of impending violent or aggressive behaviors and then be able to respond decisively and effectively if such behavior occurs.
The participant will learn: (1) how to create a workplace that minimizes the probability that employees will engage in violent or aggressive behaviors, (2) how to spot the early warning signs of violent and aggressive behavior, (3) how to conduct disciplinary or termination conferences in a manner that minimizes the potential for an employee to become violent or aggressive, (4) how to minimize the impact of a violent or aggressive episode on other employees, and (5) how to create and implement policies concerning violent and aggressive behaviors that are legally defensible.
- The early warning signs that often precede violent and aggressive behaviors
- Dealing with violent and aggressive behaviors when they occur
- Minimizing the impact of violent and aggressive behaviors on other employees
- Conducting disciplinary and termination conferences in a non-threatening manner
- Creating legally defensible policies for dealing with violent and aggressive behaviors
Who Should Attend
This training session is most appropriate for anyone who would have to deal with, or interact with, an employee who exhibits violent and/or aggressive behaviors.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,