Courses for Team & Employee Development:
Giving and Receiving Feedback
The teamwork orientation in today’s workplace places a strong emphasis on people’s ability to give and receive feedback. At both the professional and personal levels, good feedback skills reduce uncertainty, build group cohesiveness and trust, and encourage idea sharing.
The participant will learn: (1) the role of feedback in work settings, (2) the types of feedback and appropriate uses of each type, and (3) how feedback affects group member roles and participation.
- What is feedback?
- The role of feedback in reducing uncertainty
- The effect of feedback on group member roles — a structured experience exercise
- Review of the exercise
- Guidelines for giving and receiving feedback
- Giving feedback to a supervisor
- Developing feedback skills for yourself and others
Who Should Attend
This seminar is intended for managers, supervisors and employees in settings that encourage member participation.