Online Learning Support
(link opens in the Online Learning website)
Carol Bradford, MSN, RN, FCN
The course is completely online and self-paced. All work is completed within the stated date range. We hope to enhance the learning experience of each participant by using discussion, personal sharing, case studies, lecture, audiovisuals, or group work.
• Next course: February 2 - March 30, 2015
• Course is online
• Fee: $400
• Registration deadline: one week prior to class start, January 26, 2015
Additional Course Dates: May 25 - July 20, 2015; Sept. 14 - Nov. 9, 2015
Faith community nursing is the specialized practice of professional nursing that focuses on the intentional care of the spirit as part of the process of promoting holistic health and preventing or minimizing illness in a faith community.
40 Contact hours (4.0 CEUs) awarded for full participation in the course.
You must already be a registered nurse with active licensure in good standing.
Basic Course Objectives:
- The participant will embrace the integration of faith and health as central to the faith community nurse role.
- The participant will demonstrate knowledge, attitude, and skills to practice as a beginning faith community nurse.
- The participant will value an inter-collegial peer system of support and identify a network for continued support.
- The participant will commit to continued spiritual formation to more effectively understand & carry out the faith community nurse role.
Who is Providing This Course?
The South Central Area Kentucky Health Education Center is approved by the Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN) as a provider of continuing education under the Provider number 5-0026, expiration date 12-31-17. 40.0 contact hours will be awarded after attending the entire offering and completing evaluations. KBN # 5-0026-12-17-985 for February 2 - March 30, 2015.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,