Worksite Health Promotion Professional Certificate
This online Worksite Health Promotion (Non-degreed) Certificate is designed for students and professionals who have the interest or responsibility of running a health promotion program in the workplace. This certificate will provide training in skills needed to run a results-oriented program. The certificate exposes participants to evidence-based procedures that will assist in designing programs that could produce positive health outcomes as well as higher productivity and lower absenteeism.
This certificate program will provide a comprehensive skill base for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of health promotion programs in a worksite environment as well as effective communication and marketing techniques.
- Integrate the program into the company’s mission and create a "healthy culture"
- Assess the worksite for appropriate health data and employee needs
- Design best-practice programs
- Apply effective communication & marketing techniques
- Maintain relevance of the health promotion program as business needs change
- Cost: $999
- All courses online
- Self-paced! start and end dates are participant managed; we do ask that you complete the program within 9 months of registration
- Participants will complete a wellness worksite project throughout the course
Who Should RegisterRegister Now!
- Worksite wellness professionals
- Benefit managers
- Human resource staff
- Others who are responsible for developing and administering worksite wellness programs
About Your Instructor
Dr. Cecilia Watkins, PhD, CHES, is an Associate Professor in Public Health at Western Kentucky University and brings 20 years of experience in teaching and worksite wellness promotion to this program. She was Wellness Director for the DuPont employee wellness program in Chattanooga, TN and currently serves on the Kentucky Public Health Association Board of Directors and the State of Kentucky Worksite Wellness Task Force. Dr. Watkins also participates in several other committees and research surveys promoting a healthy workplace.
*Non-credit certificates do not qualify for federal financial aid.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,