Union Student Staff Job Positions
Qualifications (all positions)
- Enrolled as a full-time student
- Current FAFSA on file for the academic year
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Be self-motivated, punctual, excellent communications skills, and have a strong work ethic
- Must attend all Union staff meetings and training workshops
- Good disciplinary standing with the University
- Serves as the first-point-of-contact for customers and visitors in the Downing Student Union.
- Provides campus directions and recommendations to patrons.
- Responsible for notifying appropriate building staff when situations require their assistance.
- Responsible for distributing recreation room equipment/games to customers and collects appropriate payment.
- Ensures all returned equipment is in its original condition.
- Monitors the game room to make sure customers are complying with established policies.
24-hour Study Lounge
- Monitors the study lounge to create an environment that is conducive for studying individually or in a group.
- Responsible for monitoring group study rooms to keep noise volume to a minimum
- Provides an organized place to study for current students.
- Assist in making sure events run smoothly.
- Monitors for the safety of customers prior to events, during events, and preceding events.
- Ensures groups adhere to policies predetermined by the event coordinator.
- Responsible for meeting with the reservation coordinator to discuss the daily set-up needs of the building.
- Will set-up lobby tables, small rooms, and large meeting rooms.
- Ensures all set-up equipment is used appropriately and returned to the correct area.
- Responsible for setting up and using audio-visual equipment (laptop, microphone, Blu-ray/DVD players, projectors)
- Confirms all equipment is returned to its original location.
- Frequently tests equipment and checks inventories.
Fill out our online application today to apply.
Questions? Please contact Student Staff Supervisor email@example.com
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,