The role of Educational Technology is to provide educational hardware, software, and technical expertise so that faculty are able to incorporate instructional technology into their instruction, students are able to learn with and about instructional technology, and public school personnel and others may preview a wide variety of instructional technology in a single location.
The Educational Technology Center located in Gary A. Ransdell Hall 2055 and 2056 houses hardware and software for technology rich instruction. The center may be used by faculty and / or students for instruction and may be used by faculty and students and others to experience instructional technology. The center is home to two state-of-the-art electronic classrooms and provides access to various software applications.
A variety of hardware is available for use by faculty and staff in the College of
Education and Behavioral Sciences (a WKU ID is required for Equipment Check-Out).
The following equipment is available for CEBS faculty and/or Student Check-Out:
- Digital Cameras
- Laptop Computers
- Video Cameras
The following equipment is available for use in the Educational Technology Center :
- Technology Classrooms:
- instructors' station which allows control of, projection to, and viewing of student stations
- projection equipment that will project from instructors' station and/or student stations
- a wide range of productivity and educational software (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, simulations, and instruction
- Multimedia work station equipped with DVD/CD burner and digital camera memory reader
- Scanner (for scanning images and text)
- Scantron Scoring Unit (for scoring exam sheets)
- Computers (These computers are available on a walk in basis when a technology classroom is not being used for instruction)
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,