- What is the WKU Employee Wellness Program?
- The WKU Employee Wellness Program is a complimentary health and wellness program provided
to you by WKU. Some of the program offerings include:
- Online health assessment (HA) to help you determine your health risks and improve your health status
- Onsite biometric health screenings through WKU Health Services
- Resources to help you improve your health and wellness
- Online tools allowing you to make health and wellness a focus anytime, anywhere
- Access to an extensive online health content library
- User-friendly online health tools to track your progress
- Online and telephonic lifestyle management coaching
- Telephonic disease management coaching
- Why does WKU have an Employee Wellness Program?
- WKU wants every employee to be able to build awareness of his or her personal health status, reduce individual health risks, prevent illness and sustain wellness over time. It is our hope that we can help you achieve these objectives through the employee wellness program, which includes the biometric health screening, health assessment, health challenges, monthly newsletters and support from online and telephonic health coaches.
- What is the goal of the WKU Employee Wellness Program?
- The goal of the program is to engage WKU employees in improving their health and wellness. The program is designed to create a healthier workforce over time by putting health information in your hands and providing the tools and resources to help you address your health risks and goals. Program components such as health challenges, lifestyle management and disease management coaching and education are designed to achieve this goal. This program will help you find ways to be healthier in all aspects of your lives.
- Who has access to the WKU Employee Wellness Program?
- All full-time, benefits eligible WKU employees will have access to the employee wellness portal, online and telephonic health coaches, and will be eligible to achieve the incentive. The portal houses information on program components such as the HA, incentives, health coaching and health challenges.
- When does the WKU Employee Wellness Program begin and how do I access the employee wellness portal?
- The new employee wellness program begins on January 3, 2013 with the launch of the portal. Following January 3, 2013, you will have 24/7 access—log on anytime, anywhere. The wellness portal is accessible by going to wku.livehealthier.com.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about the program?
- Customer support is available for you between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. CT. There
are three forms of customer support:
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live chat accessible from wku.livehealthier.com.
- By telephone at 888-471-8851
- Why should I participate in the WKU Employee Wellness Program?
- The WKU employee wellness program will help you build awareness of your own health status, prevent illness, reduce individual health risks and sustain the course of wellness. As a result of participating in the employee wellness program, you will have an improved mood, increased resiliency and enhanced quality of life.
- What is the incentive and how do I earn it?
- Step 1: Earn 50 points by completing the two gateway activities between January 3 and March 31. The two gateway activities are the health assessment (HA) and biometric health screening.
You can take the HA by logging on to the portal and clicking the Take Your Health Assessment link, accessible from the "What Do You Want To Do?" action center.Your biometric health screening can be completed onsite with WKU Health Services or through your doctor. Click on the Sign Up for an Event link, accessible from the "What Do You Want To Do?" action center on the wellness portal to schedule an appointment with WKU Health Services or download the physician form.
Step 2: Earn an additional 50 points by completing one of five activities between January 3 and November 15. These activities include the following:
- Online or telephonic lifestyle management coaching
- Telephonic disease management coaching
- One health challenge (details to be announced throughout 2013)
- Physical activity self-attestation
- Participate in four months of Weight Watchers classes.
Earning the incentive:
Upon earning 100 points from engaging in health improvement activities, you will be eligible for the full incentive credit. You have four payout options for the full incentive credit:
- $180 health premium credit
- $180 contribution to your health care flexible spending account (FSA)
- One vacation/wellness day
- One-time supplemental payment of $180 in paycheck
If you only complete the HA and biometric health screening and thus earn 50 points, you will be eligible for a partial incentive credit. You have four payout options for the partial incentive credit:
- $90 health premium credit
- $90 contribution to your health care flexible spending account (FSA)
- One-half vacation/wellness day
- One-time supplemental payment of $90 in paycheck
See the two tables below for a visual representation of the eligible activities, points associated with the activities, time frames for incentive qualification, and incentive payout options.
- How do I get my results from the WKU Health Services biometric health screening?
- There are two possible ways to get your results from the WKU biometric health screening:
1. Through the WKU Employee Wellness Program. a. If you have not completed the online health assessment: Complete the health assessment and enter your numbers, if known, or select 'not sure' for the biometric questions (i.e., height, weight, cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.). You will receive an email notice immediately after completing the health assessment indicating your report is ready. Your biometric screening data is transmitted to and uploaded in LiveHealthier's system. The biometric data is then merged with your health assessment. You will receive another email notice indicating your health assessment report if ready - your biometric data will be included in the updated report. b. If you have already completed the online health assessment: Your biometric screening data is transmitted to and uploaded in LiveHealthier's system. The biometric data is then merged with your health assessment. You will receive another email notice indicating your health assessment report is ready - your biometric data will be included in the updated report.
Note: WKU Health Services sends biometric screening data to LiveHealthier the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month. Depending on the timing of your biometric health screening and the data transfer, it may be two to three weeks after the screening before you receive the email notice indicating your health assessment report is ready. A green checkmark and '25 pts' in Your Wellness Bank for the biometric health screening activity is an indicator the data have been uploaded in LiveHealthier's system and you should expect the email notice in coming days.
2. Through WKU Health Services Patient Portal If you have an active WKU Health Services Patient Portal account (click her to check you account status), you lab results should be posted to it five business days after you lab visit. You will receive an email from WKUHS notifying you that the results have been posted. To get help in accessing you Patient Portal account or in setting up a new account, fill out this form and WKUHS will be in contact wit you within two business days.
- How do I receive incentive points for participation in Weight Watchers?
- You must enroll in Weight Watchers with WKU's Company ID and Passcode to be included
in reporting that gets you incentive points. If you did not use WKU's Company ID and
Passcode during your enrollment, please contact Weight Watchers at 866-204-2885 and request to be switched over to the WKU program. The Monthly Pass you print to attend weekly meetings may be used for on-campus or community meetings.
WKU Company ID : 35012 WKU Company Passcode: WW35012
- When will I receive the incentive?
- Excluding the health care flexible spending account (FSA) contribution and vacation
day, incentives will be awarded during the second pay cycle in the month following
the quarter end in which you reached the 100-point goal. Vacation day awards will
begin in July with the new fiscal year. The health care flexible spending account
(FSA) contribution will be awarded in January 2014. The following table provides an
overview of the incentive payout schedule:
Incentive Payout Schedule April '13 July '13 Oct '13 Dec '13 Jan '14 $ 180 health care premium credit X X X X $ 180 supplemental payment in paycheck X X X X One vacation / wellness day X X X $ 180 health care flexible spending account (FSA) contribution X
- What is a biometric health screening?
- A biometric health screening is a measurement of key clinical indicators of health status. It includes a blood draw or lab work to measure your cholesterol, glucose and triglycerides. It will also involve a measurement of your vitals such as height, weight, waist circumference and blood pressure. You may complete the biometric health screening through WKU Health Services or at your primary care doctor's office.
- What if I am a new employee? Am I still eligible for the incentive?
- Yes. If you are a full-time benefits eligible employee, you can still earn the incentive. Complete the online health assessment and a biometric health screening within 90 days from your eligibility date for health benefits. Complete the one additional activity before November 15, 2013.