NEW TO THE AREA?
- Can I submit a paper application?
- No, applications for employment are accepted electronically only at www.wku.edu/employment. Anyone experiencing difficulty completing the application on-line may contact our office at (270) 745-5934.
- How do I submit my resume and other credentials with my application?
- Once you have completed and submitted the application portion you will be taken to an upload page where you may upload as many documents as you feel necessary. Additional instructions for attaching documents are provided at the end of each application.
- How will I know my application information has been received?
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail indicating that your application has been received.
- How will I know if I am selected for an interview?
- Applications are forwarded to each respective hiring committee. Once they have had the opportunity to review all application materials, they will select and contact those individuals whom they wish to interview.
- Will I be notified if I am not selected for the position?
- Yes, once a position has been filled it will be removed from the website and each applicant, who applied before the initial close date, will receive an e-mail notification.
- How long does it take for hiring committees to select the candidates they wish to interview?
- It can take as much as 8 - 12 weeks following the initial "close date" before hiring committees select those individuals they wish to interview.
- What does "open until filled" under the close date mean?
- "Open until filled" means that the original close date has passed and application materials have been forwarded to the hiring committee. Applicants may, however, continue to submit application materials beyond the initial deadline, but hiring committees are encouraged to first exhaust all applicants who met the original submission deadline.