The mission of the Electrical Engineering Program at WKU is to build a foundation of knowledge in electrical engineering by integrating a variety of project experiences at every level throughout the curriculum.
Our program goal is to be relevant to our region and to produce graduates who can immediately contribute to the profitability of their employer.
Our graduates should be
- Practical problem solvers with abstract thinking skills.
- Life-long learners capable of building their careers upon a solid foundation of knowledge.
- Competent in communicating technical materials and concepts in individual and group situations.
- Able to apply with confidence the basic sciences and mathematics to their professional activities and
- Acclimated to individual and team project activities based upon numerous experiences relating to our project-based, industry-related curriculum.
Our faculty must be
- Excellent teachers
- Competent in their profession as engineers and
- Capable of integrating projects into all aspects of our engineering curriculum to the extent practicable.
OBJECTIVES: What our graduates know and can do 3-5 years after graduation
- Our graduates are prepared to pursue successful and productive engineering careers and are technically competent with the ability to analyze and solve electrical engineering problems.
- Our graduates are application-oriented problem solvers, accomplishing solutions through sound engineering and economic practice
- Our graduates are involved in continuing professional development and lifelong learning.
- Our graduates practice engineering in a professional manner demonstrating an awareness of appropriate legal, ethical, and safety responsibilities.
- Our graduates have the ability to effectively communicate their ideas and designs.
OUTCOMES: Skills and abilities our graduates have at completion of their program of study
- Our graduates have the ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering (ABET Criterion 3 A).
- Our graduates have the ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data (ABET Criterion 3 B).
- Our graduates have the ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability (ABET Criterion 3 C).
- Our graduates have the ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams (ABET Criterion 3 D).
- Our graduates have the ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems (ABET Criterion 3 E).
- Our graduates have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility (ABET Criterion 3 F).
- Our graduates have the ability to communicate effectively (ABET Criterion 3 G).
- Our graduates have the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context (ABET Criterion 3 H).
- Our graduates have a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning (ABET Criterion 3 I).
- Our graduates have knowledge of contemporary issues (ABET Criterion 3 J).
- Our graduates have the ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice. (ABET Criterion 3 K).
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,