Western Kentucky University has developed and adopted an accessibility policy for all Web pages containing official university information intended for public viewing. This policy and the resulting Standard Administrative Procedure is based on state and federal guidelines and the access standards of Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Therefore, all Web sites and pages containing official university information must comply with the minimum requirements noted for university pages. Webmasters, designers and developers are encouraged to familiarize themselves with not only the university web accessibility policies and procedures, but also state and federal guidelines in an effort to provide truly accessible and usable sites and pages.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- ADA Requirements
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
University Policies & Procedures
WKU Distance Learning Procedures
- WKU Distance Learning and Blackboard Accessibility Policy
- WKU Distance Learning and Blackboard Accessibility Procedure
WKU Library Procedures
- WKU Library Accessibility Policy
- WKU Library Accessibility Procedure (available on request)
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,