Join us for a two–day journey from high school to college on the campus of Western Kentucky University. Students who have participated in Berea College sponsored college readiness programs like GEAR UP, OJJDP, and WEEA will work together to prepare each other for their upcoming transitions. Included in the two days are sessions to prepare you for issues related to college life like:
- Involved but not overwhelmed: Managing student activities and academics
- Loving and leaving: Maintaining healthy relationships
- College, Debt and Banking: Balancing a small budget
- Behind the freshman fifteen: Food, health and body image on campus
- Straight talk: Alcohol, drugs and illegal activities on campus
- Navigating the system: Talking to professors, administrators and staff
Outside of the sessions we’ll explore WKU’s campus, participate in dinners and banquets, hear speakers, and attend a Hot Rods minor league baseball game.
For more information, visit http://www.berea.edu/esp/ or call 859.985.3855.