Skip to main content
Western Kentucky University


WKU offices in Bowling Green will open at 10 a.m. Friday. Classes Friday remain canceled and campuses in Glasgow, Owensboro and Elizabethtown/Ft. Knox remain closed Friday. Saturday classes in Bowling Green will proceed as scheduled. Here is a link to the University’s attendance policy during adverse weather conditions. Use caution and watch for slick spots on roads and walks. 

Residence Halls remain open until noon Saturday. Bemis & Barnes have space for those who need to stay longer. Visit WKU Housing & Residence Life for more information.

The high school regional basketball tournament games scheduled for Wednesday night were canceled. Games will be rescheduled for Friday/Saturday. Follow WKU News for the latest updates. #WKUAlert

Student Financial Assistance

FAQs About Tranfer Students

Click on a question below for the answer. Click on the question again to close.

I plan to transfer to WKU, what do I need to do to receive financial aid?
At least 10 weeks before you expect to enroll at WKU, transfer students should complete the following: If you plan to transfer to WKU from another institution and you have already completed the FAFSA, make sure that you have listed WKU as one of the colleges and universities to receive the results. If WKU was not listed, follow the instructions on your Student Aid Report (SAR) to add WKU. WKU's federal code number is 002002. If you have been awarded a subsidized or unsubsidized Federal Stafford or Federal Direct Loan or Federal PLUS Loan, contact your lender or servicer to cancel the remaining disbursements and obtain a deferment form. Contact the financial aid office at your current institution for loan exit information. If you have been awarded a Federal Perkins Loan, notify the financial aid office at your current institution of your plans to transfer and obtain a deferment form. A loan exit interview will be required.

FAQs About Concurrent Enrollment

I am a WKU student and plan to take classes at another university as a transient, concurrent or guest student, what do I need to do to use my financial aid?
Complete a Consortium Agreement form at least one semester prior to enrollment at the visited institution.

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 9/25/14