Online Application Guidance
Each student needs to complete the Study Abroad & Global Learning online application. Your application is a multi-step process that enables you to provide the information essential to selecting the program that is right for you.
Be sure to read the section below about Final Payment
- Start your application by choosing your Faculty-Led Study Abroad program. We recommend speaking to the faculty program leaders as soon as possible to learn more about the program.
- Email email@example.com directly to by-pass the Initial Interest step in TopNet. Make sure to include the following information:
- WKU ID - 800#
- Professor and Program Name and destination
- The term -- winter, spring or summer
- The Study Abroad Advisor enters your request into your TopNet application.
- There is a Study Abroad Application fee that will be automatically charged to your TopNet account that does not apply toward your program. For questions regarding the application fee or the status of your application, contact the Office of Study Abroad and Global Learning directly or follow this link.
- The faculty program leader will confirm your acceptance in the program.
- The Study Abroad Advisor moves you to an Endorsement status, and you will receive an email confirmation.
- IMPORTANT! You go back into your application and enter the information requested to complete the Program Selection.
- This includes applying for the WorldTopper Scholarship... so don't wait!
- You will receive an email that explains the next step... the Pre-Departure Phase.
- Once you receive the Endorsement email from Study Abroad & Global Learning, go back to your TopNet application and pay your $250 non-refundable deposit with a credit card. The deposit holds your spot and is applied to your final program fee. Make sure you know the deadline to pay your deposit since if you miss it you may be put on a waiting list.
- It is important that you try to complete the Study Abroad Application as soon as possible and pay your $250 deposit toward your program via TopNet to hold your spot. This $250 deposit is applied toward your program cost and is non-refundable (unless WKU cancels the program)
- Some programs have alternate deposit process, so if you're not sure, contact us right away... firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You need to attend the mandatory Study Abroad & Global Learning orientation session. Most programs require more than one orientation or class meeting before your departure date, so make sure to read all emails and information provided. If you miss any required class meetings or deadlines, you may be dropped from the course.
- Also during this phase, the balance of your program fee will be charged to your TopNet account
- The estimated program fee (including $250 deposit and tuition) is posted on the faculty-led program web site.
- The final charge will be determined as early as possible so you have time to line up funding.
- As with all charges on your TopNet account, you are responsible for making your payments. The charge will remain on your account until you pay it.
- If you have not made your full payment by the start of your program, you may be dropped from the course with no refund.
For Winter 2014, TopNet billing will begin after October 1, 2013.
DELO Faculty-Led Study Abroad Award
Winter 2014 online application due by October 1 for priority consideration. The final deadline is December 1. Awards will be made based on fund availability.
The Next Step
So... you've come this far. You have guidance at every turn. Now it's time to start your application.
Also... check out the new DELO Faculty-Led Study Abroad Award.