Watch for Winter 2016 announcements.
Explore economics in Australia and earn 6 credit hours during the 2014 Winter Term.
Economics of Australia
Taught by Dr. Brian Strow. Prerequisite: Econ 202, Econ 203, or Consent of Instructor
- Students should understand how economic theory applies to the development of economies over time.
- Students will learn to critically compare and contrast current Australian economic institutions with similar US economic institutions. They will gain an historical context for why these economic institutions, also evolved from Great Britain, evolved differently than they did in the US.
- Students should also be able to incorporate the tools of economic analysis into their own decision-making processes. We will witness and discuss the decision methods used by various Australian economic institutions while on our travels.
International Sports Economics
Taught be Dennis Wilson.
- To understand how economic theory applies to the spectator sport industry. In particular, the course will cover issues involved in the industrial organization of sports, labor economics, and public finance of sports at the professional levels.
- Students successfully completing this course should leave with an understanding of these basic economic concepts and their applicability to real world situations.
- You should also be able to incorporate the tools of economic analysis into your own decision-making processes. We will witness and discuss the decision methods used by various Australian organizations while on our travels.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,