Education Reform in England: Autonomy and Accountability
- Understand and describe the history of the structure of the British system of schooling.
- Identify significant steps that have led to the initiation and development of autonomous schools.
- Speak authoritatively about what they have learned from British school leaders, teachers, and students.
- Develop an informed opinion about the autonomous school movement – its pros and its cons.
- Explain the differences among the various types of self-governing schools (foundation, foundation with trust, voluntary-aided and academies) and their private/government-controlled counterparts.
- Formally reflect on this experience and how it has affected them personally and shaped them professionally.
- Experience living in another culture
- Adapt knowledge learned to further success in educational leadership.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,