- Amsterdam and Anne Frank House
- Berlin Wall
- Munich brewery & butcher shops
- Paris - Versailles and gardens
Horticulture specific Objectives
- Compare agricultural variables between Europe and the US
- Develop an appreciation for horticultural preservation as it is practiced in Europe
- Determine the practices and problems of plant and animal production in Europe versus the US
- Distinguish between the value of plants grown in Europe as a raw crop and as value-added products; compare to the products of KY
- Describe the approach to landscapes and the variety of gardens seen in Europe
- Experience living in another culture
- Adapt knowledge learned to further success in your field of study
Animal Science specific Objectives
- Apply animal science terminology.
- Compare and contrast EU/US livestock production and industry, including animal products.
- Compare and contrast EU/US livestock management practices including welfare aspects
Leadership specific Objectives
- Students, at the conclusion of this course, will gain knowledge of leadership concepts, leadership theory, an understanding of leadership assessment, and will better understand their own leadership skills and abilities.
- Identify behaviors of effective leaders.
- Gain an understanding of applying leadership aspects to various situations and contexts
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,