WKU Student Information
- Math Placement
- Developmental Course Placement
- College Readiness Indicators
- International Students
- Adult Learners
- Academic Support Programs & Resources
- Contact Us
College Readiness in Kentucky
The Office of International Programs strives to complement Western Kentucky University's vision to be A Leading American University with International Reach. The International Studies Office through campus wide internationalization initiatives contributes to the WKU mission to prepare students to be productive, engaged, and socially responsible citizen leaders of a global society.
There are a variety of services available through the WKU International Studies Center to assist international students in assessing their readiness for American college courses. This office also helps to provide services to international students to help them become college ready and maintain progress toward higher education goals at WKU after enrollment.
This site will provide links to services available through the international studies office to these students needing college readiness services such as:
- International Reach University Experience course-Offered Fall semester—Accessible only to undergraduate level students (This course encompasses the University Experience goal of enhancing critical thinking, library education, exploration of campus resources, and transition to university experience. It also pairs international students with American students. This course also offers a cultural component including excursions on and off campus to expose students to a variety of intercultural experiences. ) For more information, contact Dr. Ken Kuehn, Interim Department Head for the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk on Fridays—English conversation hour is held throughout the semester. Please click on the link to see more information regarding dates/times of meetings.
- English conversation tutor is available through the AARC office. Students can go to AARC office practice English conversation skills with a tutor.
- English as a Second Language - DENG 051C - Jean Nehm (WKU South Campus) Introduction to American Academic Culture - UCC 200C - Jean Nehm - Graduate students.
- English as a Second Language International - For more information, please contact the ESLI office at 270-745-8871, or visit their website HERE.
- WKU Pathway - The WKU Pathway is designed to prepare students for direct admission to WKU. For more information, please call 270-745-4857.
- WKU Study Abroad--Many students realize that the professional world is becoming more global and to have international experiences while obtaining higher education would be an asset to their resume and make them more marketable in career aspirations. Most students have no idea where to begin to obtain opportunities to study abroad. They also often don't know what type of preparation they would need to complete to be eligible for these experiences. The WKU study abroad office helps provide the guidance for students to overcome these obstacles to a global education.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,