Connect with WKU Glasgow
WKU Glasgow Scholarships
Drs. Mody Minority Scholarship. This scholarship is a renewable scholarship in the amount of $500 for an academic year. Exclusively for a full-time minority-female-student attending WKU Glasgow from Barren County or any other county surrounding Barren County. For more information, contact Coordinator of Student Affairs, John Roberts, at email@example.com.
- The Bobby Driver Memorial Scholarship Fund. One $1,000 scholarship (non-renewable) will be given each year to a junior attending WKU who is an education major and who is a graduate of Barren County High School or Glasgow High School. The deadline for this scholarship is October 1st. For more information, contact Coordinator of Student Affairs, John Roberts, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Glasgow Noon Rotary Scholarship – 2 scholarships for $500 each. Contact person is John Rogers. Must be attending WKU Glasgow Campus for the semesters receiving scholarship. Deadline is April 1. Applications available at front desk
- $1000 Glasgow Business & Professional Women’s Club Scholarship. Deadline is April. Contact Ann Patterson.
- Sherry Rush Tabor Memorial Scholarship. Must be pursuing a degree in healthcare and have a personal experience with an immediate family member who was diagnosed with cancer. More detailed information.
- Luska Joseph Twyman summer scholarships 2 - $500 scholarships. Must be a non-traditional student, 25 years or older. Minimum of 300 word essay on the life of Luska Twyman. 20 hours of Volunteer work must be completed at the Liberty District – Ralph Bunche Community Center. Deadline is May 12. Contact Ralph Bunche Community Foundation, P.O. Box 865, Glasgow, KY.42142
- Golda Pensol Walbert Scholarship. Deadline is April 15. Application link or pick up at the WKU-Glasgow Front Desk. Must be currently enrolled full-time student at the WKU-Glasgow Campus. Must be resident of following KY counties: Adair, Allen, Barren, Cumberland, Edmonson, Green, Hart, Metcalfe, Monroe or Warren. Please turn applications into the Front Desk c/o Anne Patterson.
- Elizabeth Sanders Henning Nursing Scholarship. Must be a graduate of Barren County High School upon acceptance in an LPN or RN program. Deadline is June 1. Contact person is Sarah Vincent, Barren County Education Foundation, 202 W. Washington Street, Glasgow, KY 42141
- $1000 Community Action Scholarship for a non-traditional Barren County student. Deadline is March 31. Contact person is Darla Handy at 270-651-8171.
- Returning Student Scholarship. Students who made the president’s list in the Fall term may apply for a returning student scholarship. Deadline is April 15. Students must be enrolled full-time. Contact Phyllis Reed, Crystal Nuckols or Richard Fitzpatrick or go online to www.wku.edu/finaid for scholarship application.
- The Cardinals of Kentucky, American Business Women’s Association $2000 scholarship. The candidate must be a resident of Warren, Butler, Monroe, Barren, Edmonson, Simpson, Logan, Hart, Allen or Metcalfe County. Must also have a GPA of 2.5/ 4.0. Contact person is Diane Carver at email@example.com or call 270-745-5704.
- GO HIGHER KENTUCKY GRANT for $1000 for students taking only one class per semester. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, a Kentucky resident, 24 years or older and demonstrate financial need. Contact Kathy Fraim.
- Robert C Byrd Honors Scholarship up to $1500 per year. High school seniors must have 3.5 GPA, ACT of 23, and recommendation from their high school counselor. GED recipients must have at least a 2700 on their GED and be recommended by their adult education provider. Students can apply online at www.kheaa.com. Deadline for high school seniors is from December 1 to March 1. Application period for GED graduates is March 1 to June 15.
- FARM BUREAU scholarship for returning students. Must be a Farm Bureau member. Contact Farm Bureau Insurance at 270-678-3500 or contact the Farm Bureau in your local county.
- Kentucky Manufactured Housing Institute Scholarship. KMHI is accepting applications for three $1000 scholarship awards. Eligible graduating high school seniors or GED recipients must currently reside in a manufactured or mobile home in Kentucky and have the desire to further their education. Contact Beety Wittaker at 502-223-0490 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Terry Lee Spear Memorial Scholarship. $500 per year. Now awarded on a semi-annual basis on even number years. Contact person is Steve Jessie at 270-651-8359.
- Merit Aid.Com- There are several scholarship opportunities available on this comprehensive, free merit aid scholarship database. For additional information, log on to www.meritaid.com. This is a free source.
- The Barren County Networking Women is now accepting applications for its third annual Professional Development Scholarship.
This $250 Scholarship is available to any female resident of Barren County that can
demonstrate career/professional and financial impact from the receipt thereof. The
scholarship funds may be used for seminars, workshops, continuing education, university
studies, or ancillary expenses for such events including books, lodging, etc. The
Scholarship funds must be used within six months of award date. For more information,
and to complete the application, see the Barren County page at www.bgnetworkingwomen.com
Dr. Juanita C. Bayless Summer Scholarship for Single Parents
Completed Applications Due by April 1
Return to WKU Glasgow Advising Office or via email listed on application
Dr. Juanita Bayless devoted more than 20 years of her life to WKU Glasgow. Her passion was providing educational outreach to communities who had been traditionally underserved by postsecondary education. Of critical importance to "Dr. B" was providing assistance to single parents who were trying to make a better life for themselves and their children. She also recognized how difficult it was to be able to afford taking courses in the summer. As such, the Dr. Juanita C. Bayless Summer Scholarship was established to provide assistance in the very areas in which Dr. B was so passionate. The successful recipient will be a single parent wishing to enroll in a summer course who has already completed at least 12 credit hours and who has at least a 2.5 GPA at the time of application. This year, the award will be for $500.00.
Financial Assistance Resources
- WKU Glasgow Financial Aid
- WKU Financial Aid
- WKU Glasgow Educational Opportunity Center (EOC)
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,