- Could you explain the eSignature process for admission decisions?
- An overview and instructions on how to use eSignature Forms for admission decisions can be found here.
- How do I sign and submit forms electronically to The Graduate School?
- For instructions on signing forms electronically, please see these instructions. For admission decisions, you should view this page.
- Where should I send an electronic document after it is completed?
- The list to whom documents should be sent can be found here.
- How do I know what forms my advisee has on file with The Graduate School?
You can check what forms are on file in the Graduate School through your TopNet account.
- Log on to TopNet.
- Select "Advisors and Student Data Inquiry" on the Student Services tab.
- Click "View General Student Information" and select the term and the advisee.
- The forms currently have on file with us will be found in the "Graduation Status" section.
- One of my advisees has a probation hold. How do I remove it?
While the staff at the Graduate School automatically puts probation holds on students that meet probation criteria, an advisor is responsible for removing the hold after he or she has met with the advisee. These holds can be removed in TopNet. After logging into TopNet, select the "Advisors & Student Data Inquiry" tab and click "Update Student Hold Flags." To release the probation hold, click on "Not Advised" and switch the status to "Advised." After this is complete, press "Submit Changes"
- I forwarded an eSignature to another faculty/staff member or back to The Graduate School, but they didn't receive it or can't view it. What happened?
- When sending eSignatures, you will need to ensure that you send the eSignature from the eSignature form itself. Do not forward them by clicking "Forward" in your email client. (If you do this, the individual receiving the form will not be able to open it, but if you send it from the eSignature, they will be able to see it.) You may also check the status of where an eSignature form is by looking at the Audit Trail/Review Verification found at the bottom of the form.
- My department wants to offer an Graduate Assistantship to a student. What is the process?
- Please see the Graduate Assistantship Appointment Procedures for
Supervisors & Departments. If you have additional questions, please contact Shanda Hopper.
- I need to register a student for a course. Can the staff at the Graduate School do this?
- The Graduate School does not register for students for courses. If a student cannot self-register, you should contact your office associate to allow the student to register for a closed or restricted course. If a student has holds on his or her account, these holds must be taken care of before any registration can occur.
- How do I gain Graduate Faculty membership?
- Please see the Graduate Faculty page for details about membership requirements and the application.
- How can a department purchase application fee waiver codes for prospective students?
- An explanation of the process can be found here.
- How do I know if I am a Graduate Faculty member or check on the dates for my appointment?
- A complete listing of Graduate Faculty members and appointment dates can be found here.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,